What would you say to someone who has experienced erection issues for the first time?

Its hard for me to say, do to the fact that i struggle with it

I’d tell them not to stress over it. That it happens to everyone. I’d tell them that there’s nothing wrong with them physically and they will get through this. Is help them find the cause of the erection issues.

First of all I would conpliment how brave he is. To speaking up and to open towards the problem is the key. And afer that I would share my struggeles and offer my sincere support.

You are absolutely not alone or weird or broken and it happens to so many people. It is natural and you are a fantastic person.

Don’t worry about it. These things happen. You might be tired, stressed, hungry, not into it. Whatever. Just don’t let eat eat away at you

It happens, try not to get hung up on it.

It will pass and the key is not add any weight to it.

1 Like

that sucks, but it happens to tons of people. there’s resources out there to help you out instead of taking pills

It’s completely fine, sometimes the stars just don’t align. This isn’t a signal of your worth as a man, don’t let it get you down. Just breathe.

Pretty crummy eh, what was it like for you when it happened? How are you feeling about it now?

It’s okay, try not to overthink it or overreact. It’s happened to me and millions of other guys. Remember sex is about connection and enjoyment, not about performance or having anything to prove

Be kind to yourself and don’t be afraid to take it slow. This happens to so many men.

It happens to everyone occasionally…it’s critical to be able to get out of your head and in touch with your body.

Its happened to me too. It is happening and I think it’s likely in your head. So, meditate and talk positively about it and do things that keep you out of your head

Talk to someone about your concerns. Talk to a therapist, a friend, or your SO if you’re in a relationship. The number one thing that has helped me is being honest about it. Recognizing that I’m not alone and that ir doesn’t make less of a person or less of a man. Don’t let it be a secret or an “issue” stuck in your mind, because that will just lead to your inner critic taking control. Accept that it doesn’t define you and you can work through it before eats away at you.

It’s very natural! we have these expectations that men should be “always ready” or that sex is disconnected from emotion, and in my experience both are simply not true. When it’s happened to me, after the initial shock, it’s been a great opportunity to investigate the flawed or unhelpful beliefs I’ve carried about sex. So even if challenging, it was a gift in the end - being kind and open about it to myself and my partner helps me heal and let go of damaging beliefs and expectations and I feel freer and more comfortable in my sexuality and body as a result!

I’d say it happens, and don’t force yourself to do something if you’re not wanting to do it yourself. Be completely comfortable, you’re allowed to have that. Sex isn’t just about making the other person enjoy it, it’s about you, ultimately you want that feeling too that’s why you’d do it. So be easy on yourself, go again when you want it.

Don’t worry about it man, it happens to more people that you’d think…including myself.

It happens

It happens to many people, you are not alone. Most people know it is quite common and are understanding. You can work through this and as you do, you will come to better understand yourself and probably be happier as a result.