What would you say to someone who has experienced erection issues for the first time?

Dont bottle up you emotions, speak to your partner, friends or family. Get the support you need and reduce the anxiety levels surrounding the subject. Youre not alone

1 Like

Move on, don’t dwell upon this, it is normal that this happens, there is nothing wrong with you. It happens to everyone, dont loose your mind over it

Try to start addressing it as quickly as you can and just keep trying different things. My biggest regret is that I went years without putting in real effort to address it and I think it made the problem a lot worse then it had to be.

You are not alone and it is not the end of the world. Don’t beat yourself up for it. It happens to lots of guys. You can always talk to me about it without any judgement.

There are about a 100 million others in your exact shoes

Seek help and dont go into extremes. Your sexuality is your ally

Don’t bottle up your performance anxiety problem

Don’t worry it is completely normal. Happens to everyone.

think about the times where you COULD get it up and how fun that was. you know youre capable

I would encourage them to be kind to themselves, to realise it’s a fairly common issue and they’re not alone. To remember the male body is not a machine, sometimes it works well, sometimes it doesn’t. That doesn’t mean anything is broken, it just proves they are human

Have a lot of sympathy for them, saying that im here for them and it’s completely normal and it is okay. Sometimes we don’t feel it sometimes we may over think, but we have to calm our brain down and slow down because we can get ahead of ourselves and push so much negativity down and that creates the worst mental cycle. Don’t beat yourself up, don’t be hard on yourself. You’re still loved and are a great person it could be stress or mental Barrier but it’s okay just feel moments out feel like you are able to love and you have no parameters

It is normal to have occasions when you can’t perform for whatever reason.

1 Like

It happens to more guys than you would think. Nothing is wrong with you. The best thing to do is be open about it, and meditate.

As others have said, it’s not a big deal even though it SEEMS like a big deal. It happens to SO many guys, and women have their own issues too. We’re all just imperfect humans, and not getting it up on a moment does not define you, make you any more “flawed” than the next person, and it certainly doesn’t make you “less of a man”. Let it go!

Don’t internalize it or overthink it. I found meditation and deep breathing helps tremendously to take the anticipation of sex off my mind. I think you can noticed when it’s more self induced if you can notice your thought patterns right before you have sex or if you think about it too much.

You are not alone, it is way more common than you think.

It’s not a big deal. Shit happens. You are not valued by your sexual performance with your partner,. You are valued by how you treat them.

Cliche, but it happens, it will get better. For me reframing helped a lot, working my partner, and working on myself. I really focused on my pleasure what did I want, what made me feel good, what made me turned-on and communicating that with my partner. We focus on the penis, maybe for you it’s something else you need to focus on nipples or butt, pleasure or pain. If you are feeling good you will be hard. Be open, unashamed you like your nipples pinched…then make sure you communicate that etc

I would say don’t be scared to be open about it, and talk to your partner/ a trustyed friend or family member. It’s not a weight that you shoulkd be carrying alone, and talking about can feel like a huge relief. Don’t let it be an end all be all, just try to keep your head clear, dismiss those intrusive thoughts, and focus on the pleasure as opposed to the potential failure to get it up.

There’s nothing wrong with you. With the right willpower and mindset, you can get to a place where you don’t have to worry about it anymore.