What does your inner critic sound like? (Part 1)

My inner critic is more like my own voice whispering to me …fueling my negative thoughts and keeping them in my head. Not a good experience at all …I struggle with not thinking about them sometimes

I feel like I’m disappointing her. I feel like she isn’t going to to enjoy it.

I notice the voice is mute when I’m annoyed and critical. Mostly blaming my partner for not keeping me entertained or doing enough for me. Great to know can shut this guy inside up!!

It starts as a small thought, worm like in the hours leading up to sex. Sometimes I think if I just rush into sex I can skip the thoughts in a more primal manner. But generally it’s my own voice, sometimes situated near the bed. It feels like trying to get traction in my mind.
I think the worst part is when I’m with someone for a while who is aware of the problem… and I feel like they are anticipating it as much as I am.

My inner critic is an asshole. All I’ve ever experienced are kind caring partners. However my own insecurities, media, and social media have caused me to feel extremely inadequate.
My inner critic is me. It’s the world around me. It’s the people who I should give a shit about. It’s painful that I can’t trust the opinion of my partner and instead panic about not being what the ideal “man” should be.

My mind just goes from 0-1000 MPH in seconds and as soon as I start sweating, game over

My inner critic has my voice and tells me I can’t get an erection, and even if I can manage to get one, it tells me I won’t be able to keep it.

My inner critic reminds me of my old self, a fearful nerd afraid of what might go wrong and scared to try new things. It’s saying things like ”Fuck, what if I can’t maintain this erection”

My inner critic tells me that I do not deserve the time it takes for my partner to give me pleasure. It tells me that I am an inconvenience and that I should give them an out so they do not have to suffer through my needs/wants.

I can be confident that she’ll cum. I’m not confident that I’ll stay hard. I need to be careful not to cum in her mouth and careful that she feels connected. My inner critic sounds like me, sometimes it has phrases she’s used. The voice is normal volume. I think the critic is smaller than me, a hunched over person, tense, worried. They are in my head, not in the room.

Mine is just my voice, nothing nefarious. Just me being harsh on myself. I’ve never seen it as a bad thing before since being harsh on myself had helped me in some regards (weight-loss) but now I feel like I’m preventing me from doing better because of how harsh I’m being

When I am having intercourse, my inner critic says, do you feel her inside? are you still hard enough? does she know you don’t feel much during particular positions? are you still hard or already soft? does she know? is she disappointed?

My inner critic is my voice just repeating phrases to me like ‘don’t go hard’ ‘you’re going soft’ ‘she’s not enjoying it’ ‘she can feel it going soft’ ‘you won’t cum’ ‘you should stop, no point now you’re soft’ these things it’s like me and sometimes I’ll be thinking like ‘don’t go soft please’ like a desperate kid and it takes me out the moment completely and I can’t even feel pleasure

It’s pretty similar to my existing anxiety, where there’s constantly worried questions flying around so I end up much more focused on if things are going to work right and what my partner(s) might think. It sets off that over heightened feeling where I’m overanalyzing everything and worried about minute little feelings and issues and spiral out.

I am my own inner critic, I would tell myself to stay in the moment and not to focus on my erection, during this stage it is normally when I lose my erection

My inner critic is the part of me

Definitely myself, usually in the moment worried about PE, than going limp…

My inner critic is scared and lost. He keeps saying ‘I don’t know what to do’

My inner critic is myself, standing afar, questioning if I’ll let her down again. Planting the smallest seed of doubt that I won’t get it up to perform. Then the down spiral occurs and I cannot get myself out of the rut.

My inner critic is my voice. It is a fearful meek version of myself that is always telling me I am a failure. He is not aggressive about it. He speaks softly calm, in a matter of fact way.