Change in frequency = ed self pressure

Does anyone feel they put unrealistic expectations on how frequent you should be having sex. Over the past year lifestyle with kids and dogs has become very busy and time to connect as a couple is not there. When opportunity is there it’s always rushed worry about being interrupted and it’s now taking a toll on performance resulting in Ed. We both know it’s temporary as life is crazy but the lack of touch and being with each other is causing insecurities within myself about our relationship. We have conversations about it but she say it’s just how life is right now and stop stressing because it’s only makes things worse for me

3 Likes

Yes, more often than I’d like. It’s a struggle. Today in fact, we scheduled a lunchtime quickie. I was so excited and anxious that I could not get an erection. I felt like a loser. I think the pressure of it being several weeks since our last encounter coupled with the time pressure of trying to have sex during lunchtime before going back to work was too much.

3 Likes

I’m in a similar boat. Young kids that cockblock, dogs that cockblock, and stressful jobs for both of us result in very few opportunities for intimacy, which increases the pressure whenever an opportunity actually arises. The corresponding pressure and anxiety kill my erections, wife blames herself and thinks I’m not attracted to her, etc. I have no words of wisdom as I’ve yet to figure out how to climb out of this hole. But I wish you luck!