Reverse kegels a challenge for others?

I personally struggled with the reverse kegel exercise! For normal kegels I can feel the muscle contract (similar to stopping the flow of pee mid stream) but I wasn’t able (as least I don’t think) apply the downward pressure and feel that same muscle move differently… am I doing it wrong? Any suggestions/tips?

Same problem here.

1 Like

Its a really subtle movement. Try to feel tour anus relaxing and almost pushing out like you’re trying to fart. It’s easier to do in child pose.

5 Likes

My wife told me this. Try taking in a deep breath. Really deep like inflating your stomach and then having that go down to your butthole. You will feel it really quick!

2 Likes

I had a better feeling for the reverse kegels when I was in the childs stretching pose, you can feel the expansion in your prostate area better.

1 Like

There are some really good suggestions here. it is a gentle pressure. Sometimes it is helpful doing a standard Kegals first? That feels like stopping a pee - (a pull up) - this can locate the pelvic muscles for you. Again start gently, just hold for a few seconds. Then you can try some of these suggestions for the Reverse Kegals. Don’t over do it ! Make sure you are not really pushing or straining. Breath in and relax down. It does take a bit of practice.