ED while trying to get pregnant

My wife and I are currently trying for our second child, our first one was easy, first month off birth control she was conceived. We’ve been trying for 4 months now, and granted that may not be a long time in comparison to others, we’re both feeling pressured because of timelines. I don’t handle stress well and my wife, while not on purpose, makes sex seem like a chore because of her fertility windows. We’ve had sex 3 out of the last 4 days, and every time I could not sustain an erection. We tried all of my favourite things but the psychological stress has seemingly overtaken me. And no, I haven’t had any issues in well over a year once we started having sex again after she recovered. I’m in my late 20’s, just recently got into working out seriously and have changed my diet to be healthy without shocking my system.

You aren’t alone in this. I was in a relationship for 7 years. In the good times sex was a breeze. When life became stressful so to did the sex and erections.

I have two suggestions for you.Everyone is totally different.

What helped me in tough times was going to the sex shop or ordering a new toy/thing to try with my partner. Browse together. Laugh together. Get curious together. It might help remind you both that its meant to be fun/play and exciting.

The other suggestion is maybe try some sensory during foreplay. Go and pick out a candle together that smells nice and relaxing. Pick up some massge oils and give eachother a massage. Turn on some relaxing music.

I might even suggest the sensory night after you tell her you want to take an ovulation night off. Maybe if you both have the pressured turned off and you both agree to just have a couples spa night taking turns on eachother, it will naturally turn into more.