Do you ever get anxious during sex? How does it affect you? (Part 1)

Yup

I get anxious about not getting an erection before sex and during foreplay, this plays on my mind and I overthink and put stress on myself, which stops me getting an erection.

It’s always the first encounter for me with a new partner, I just get in my own head thinking ‘will it stay up’ then I lose it & make an excuse

No, never anxious. I’ve always prided myself on being an unstoppable machine my whole life no matter the situation. No matter the partner or even my mental state. I could be depressed as hell with a broken bone and it wouldn’t affect anything. Then all of a sudden this past week out of nowhere it went from 100 to zero overnight and stayed there ever since. Not even morning wood or passing ephemeral boners.

I think about losing my erection even days before the sexual meeting (I’m dating a girl, who comes to my house every weekend, so I can predict the meeting).
I try to stay calm, but I know that this is only a façade, in my deep thoughts, I’m nervous, and I don’t know how to fix it.

Yes it feels like I’m not really in the moment

Yes, the anxiety more often than not occurs right before penetrative sex occurs, oftentimes killing my erection and resulting in even more anxiety for the following weeks. I hate it. I’m fit, take care of myself, and am successful yet I have such an unhealthy relationship with sex due to this. I just want to feel in control again

Yes, everything is fine until the intercourse part :frowning:

Most of the time - i worry im not doing something right or that i wont get it up

Yes, recently it happens most of the time.

Yes, ruins my erection

I fear that I won’t be able to get an erection

Yes sometimes. I am always thinking that I hope it works this time

Recently I’ve been getting more and more anxious before sex and during. My brain is in a constant state of worry. It makes me upset, I feel worthless and less of man for my girlfriend.

Yes, that’s why I’m here

Getting into bed triggers anxious thoughts of “this is where sex should happen”. I want to be a great sexual partner and I’m scared of missing that target and disappointing my girlfriend.

Quite often. I start worrying about how I’m not performing very well, and the whole situation snowballs from there.

yes, i get anxious mainly just before vaginal intercourse when i am putting on the condom, i lose my erection and its not hard enough to go in, i feel more embarrassed and anxious.

Yes and I lose my erection

I’m hard until I Go to Pinterest then it start to get soft