Do you ever get anxious during sex? How does it affect you? (Part 1)

I worry that I won’t get hard, during the day sometimes about sex that night. During forplay.

I get tight shoulders and can’t switch off negative thoughts,

I get anxious about being able to climax before I lose my erection.

I start thinking of other thoughts and I get anxious and then I become unhard.

Yes, especially when I have a new partner, and sometimes with long-term partners as well. My erection is usually fine at first with foreplay, but moving to put on a condom or swapping position will make me go soft to my frustration. This frustration make the anxiety worse.

Yes, I have a beautiful girlfriend who is down for anything, but she ties her body image to my performance in bed and I go through stretches where I freak out and can’t perform. I feel bad because when I don’t perform she thinks it’s because of her, and me not wanting her anymore.

Since having issues maintaining an erection, every time I want to have sex, I have thoughts in my subconscious saying ‘this might not work’ ‘what if it doesn’t work’ and it really does affect myself and my partner…

Yes, it prevents me from performing most of the time.

Yeah I am anxious about not getting it up and then cannot get it up

Every time I am in a sexual situation I always think " am I hard ", which automatically kills my erection, and becomes all I think about. I am unable to enjoy the physical stimulation

I am unable to have sex and it’s a turn off, women this day and age wants someone that they can have sex with.

I get anxious that I won’t get hard which then leads to me not getting hard

I get anxious even thinking about touching someone

Yes I do. Especially when it comes time to perform, and the closer it gets. The anxiety gets worse.

Always. I worry about if I’m getting hard or not and then I don’t. I feel like my girlfriend is deeply disappointed in me

Yes. I have thoughts of prior sexual experiences or partners and fear I will—or will not—duplicate them.

Yea

Yes. I often find myself thinking about what I can be doing next instead of now.

Yes. Loss of erection

Yes. It’s a constant ‘keep it up, stay hard, focus hard, try hard’ effort that leaves me disconnected and distracted from leading or enjoying lovemaking