Do you ever get anxious during sex? How does it affect you? (Part 1)

Yes, anxiety during sex has affected me by making it difficult staying hard while putting on the condom

Yes, like was said I will go into my head and that will in turn activate the sympathetic nervous system. It has affected the way I view myself and my performance as well as sex and intimacy in general.

Hopefully will be able to understand what is happening in my body and mind that is preventing an erection

Started in September when we started trying for a baby. I was exhausted from working nightshifts

Yes very often.it affects my mood and turns me off of having sex. i get anxiety whenever i notice my partner is making a move and all i start thinking about is will i be able to perform or will i get and stay erect.

I worry about the size of my penis when it is soft - it looks so small and I never want my partner to see it soft. This creates a vicious cycle of fear which keeps it soft and I need to get past this.

I get anxious often during sex that I won’t perform as well as others and that my penis wont stay erect

Yes I do. It makes me go soft and focus on the fact that it has gone soft.

When it comes to that moment I start remembering all the times that it didn’t work so I am not in a excited mode. I m worried that is gonna be a failure and i am having a strong anxiety. And of course with all this thoughts thing aren’t gonna work so I end up getting more insecure. With prostitutes it’s not the case because you can always start with a blowjob and basically you don’t care about if you’re gonna perform or not. You don’t have negative thoughts and this is actually helping you perform. But if I am with someone that I have feelings for or just a random girl that I find and she find me attractive, the negative thoughts reaper. And it’s more likely to be bad experience.

I get anxious that I will ejaculate prematurely and I think sometimes that actually causes it

I have failed to achieve an errection upon multiple different occasions all of which have caused a big amount of anxiety.

It first happened when I was 22. I’ve had plenty of sex before then, but I was just really anxious with this girl I’ve liked for a long time. I’m naturally more dominant and enjoy rougher sex. I think this lead to me to have an unrealistic expectation of myself to just stay rock hard and last for a long time, but in reality its really giving me a lot of performance anxiety. Kind of like stage fright.

Yes. I have no problem getting hard for foreplay or oral, but then when it comes to intercourse I often go soft.

Yes I do, it’s hard to get hard when you’re anxious

Often I start feeling really confident and get an erection as I am aroused. But when it comes to penetration my whole body starts to freeze with fear and thoughts of “of God, what if it doesn’t work…again”. It’s so frustrating because on one hand I am ridiculously horny and all I want to do is have sex with my partner but there is this mental block that is so hard to override. One time, I was so anxious about having sex on one night stand that my body started to physically shake and I think I was having panic attack. It was awful and something I’d like to never experience again.

I get anxious a lot which takes me out of the moment and into my head. At that point it’s hard to get or maintain an erection. When it’s happened recently the anxiety usually hits before anything happens, which tends to block arousal in the first place.

I worry about the size of my penis when it is soft - it looks so small and I never want my partner to see it soft. This creates a vicious cycle of fear which keeps it soft and I need to get past this.

For the last year or so I’ve been getting very anxious before or during sex. It causes me to overthink what could go wrong, which then leads to me focusing on how hard my penis is. It can be so overwhelming that I’d rather not have sex at all

Yes

I do, very much. I think about my past failures and my reputation. I want to be good all the time and the fear of not performing well causes allot of anxiety.