Can i do Kegel exercise everyday?

i’m worried doing it everyday can make my erection issue worse. can someone please let me know if doing it everyday might be a problem. @mojo or any professional. Thank you

1 Like

I’ve been wondering about this too

Also interested in hearing more about this! I’m able to commit to doing these exercises daily but I’m unsure if that’s a smart move in the long run

Well i think the best thing to do is figuring out which is the problem, weakness or tightness. I just got it checked with a physiotherapist. You should note that pelvic floor weakness is not something that “just happens” when your are like 20/30/40 years old, and you did not have an operation or any injuries.

I got it checked and for me it was way to tight, so i suggest you should try to do only stretches for a few weeks, see if you notice improvement. Physiotherapist told me that when you do the stretches you should see improvement within like 2 or 3 weeks. Compared to the weakness which takes way longer.

So hope this helps!

Hey there!

I got in touch with one of our physiotherapists, Jenny, to straighten this out, and she has come back to me with the answers.

Jenny’s expert advice

You can classify your pelvic floor as weak, tight, or “normal”.

If your pelvic floor is weak, you can do the Kegels and stretches exercises daily. You can also do diaphragmatic breathing and reverse Kegels.

If your pelvic floor is tight, you can do diaphragmatic breathing, reverse Kegels, and pelvic floor stretches, but you should avoid the strengthening Kegel exercises until you see improvement in the tightness.

If you have a normal pelvic floor, you can do the Kegels and stretches exercises daily. You can also do diaphragmatic breathing and reverse Kegels.

How to tell if your pelvic floor is too weak

You might have a weak pelvic floor if you notice any of these clues:

• Leaking urine when you cough/sneeze

• Leaking urine when you need to pee

• Can’t stop the flow of urine when passing urine

If these apply to you, do all of the exercises to build strength and endurance. If you’re particularly worried about weakness, visit your doctor or a physiotherapist to get checked out.

Here’s how to tell if your pelvic floor is too tight

In a sitting position, place your hands below your sit bones (the lower part of your pelvis) and take some deep breaths. You can even put your hands between the balls and anus while you take some deep breaths if you’re comfortable with that. If you don’t feel movement of these body parts when you take a deep breath in, then your pelvic floor might be too tight.

You can also look in the mirror when you do this. If your balls do not move as you take deep breaths, then your pelvic floor might be too tight.

Other clues that you might have a tight pelvic floor include:

• Increased urine frequency

• Any pelvic pain

• Pain on ejaculation

• Abdominal pain

• Difficulty opening your bowels or straining to empty your bladder

If you notice any of these additional symptoms, please talk to your doctor or a physical therapist with a speciality in pelvic floor health.

How to tell if your pelvic floor is “normal”

You have a normal pelvic floor if you have none of the symptoms for weakness or tightness and can feel some movement while taking deep breaths. If that’s the case then that’s great news, and you can do all of the exercises. This includes doing Kegels daily.

Let me know if there’s anything else you’d like to ask or talk about

Grace from Mojo

5 Likes