Bad body image causing psychological ED

Anyone ever had a partner make them feel bad about their bodies and therefore cause ED. I had a girlfriend who negatively impacted my body image. She would never talk about sex and it was very hard to connect with her about it. But she went to the male strip show The Dreamboys and recorded it on her phone, talking to her friend about how sexy they were. It has made me feel conscious about my body.

Definitely there with your on this one. Sex always makes me think…“am I satisfying to her”…then the downward spiral begins.

My current wife told me when we were only dating that she didn’t like hairy men. I have plenty of body hair, but I was confident enough about myself and how much she loved me that her comment slipped by unnoticed.

I’ve never been on good terms with my body, which resulted in performance anxiety issues and erection problems in the early stages of my dating history. I did a lot of workouts, lost weight, and put my body in better shape. My career was looking up, so I gained enough self-confidence to keep the inner critique in check, and I was mostly fine.

Much, much later, when things turned a bit south, and my overall confidence began to slide - more than a decade after my wife’s comment about her distaste for hairy men - it started to haunt me, and I went into a downward spiral.

Sex became more and more frustrating, and it didn’t take too long until I developed full-sized psychological ED. What was once a source of pleasure turned into psychological torture. Instead of becoming immersed in the action, intimate moments triggered an increasingly difficult-to-manage fight-or-flight reaction.

Unfortunately, we didn’t discuss it but rather swept the issue under the rug and slipped into a sexless marriage.

After years of being in denial, I finally realized that it wasn’t the right way to deal with the problem and reached out to Mojo, hoping that I can correct the course.

It’s important to realize how fundamentally your partner’s behavior can affect your self-image, which is strongly correlated with your ED issues."

1 Like

My x wife of 20 years was a person I would say not nice for probably 17 years of them, she played head games and cheated all the while bashing me, telling me I was the problem, that led to my start of having Ed, thru all those years it got worse as she demascalinized me, then she would laugh at me when it happened, I deal with severe trauma from this and finally got divorced, 7 years later I still suffer the affects of her abuse.
I’m remarried now but it’s starting to have its toll on this marriage.
I’m just ready to give up, and that’s not fair