What would you say to someone who has experienced erection issues for the first time?

I would share my own experience. Break the barrier and talk openly.

More normal than you’d think, there is a lot more to sex anyway than penetrative sex, try not to get caught up with thoughts in your head as they are just thoughts and we naturally have a negativity bias so just accept them and don’t judge them, try go back on autopilot and get back into the mood by accentuating exciting thoughts of touch sight sound taste smell

It happens to everyone, try not to make a big deal about it.

dont let it get to your head, write it off and move on

Try not to dwell on it, it is a normal thing that will happen throughout your life, the conistency of which it happens depends on a variety of things, but if you continue to dwell on it and fear it it will become a self fulfilling prophecy.

It can happen, but it doesn’t have to happen all the time.

Relax and talk to someone about it.

Don’t make it into a big deal, don’t dwell on it. The more I thought about it and worried and tried to hide it, the worse it became.

To open up about it to people you trust

1 Like

its really common. but try to look past it and you will be alright again

Try not over think it, which is hard to do. Don’t spiral into the continuous negative thinking - it can be all consuming.

Keep your head held high, you’ve recognized you’re unhappy with a situation and are taking steps to remedy it. Have self-grace

You are going to be ok. This happens, and has happened to every guy, but you would never know because nobody likes to talk about it. If you own it, it can’t hurt you. Burying it by not talking about it with your partner will only make it worse. Acceptance doesn’t mean you have to live with this forever, it frees you from the shame and guilt - mental barriers that could prevent you from preforming in the future and enjoying yourself in bed.

It happens to a lot of people and it is normal

It definitely happens… it has happened to me too. I can be a sympathetic ear if you’d like.

That the erection problems are mental moreso than anything that has to do with their performance. Best to check in with their body to better experience the different touches, smells, sounds, what they see

Honestly, it does suck. There’s no denying that. But it does happen to alot of people and worrying that something is wrong with you specifically will only make it worse, you’re good!

Not to let it get into your thoughts, it happens now and again so don’t dwell on it

That it will get better and there is support out there that will make a difference

It sucks but don’t fret too much over it. Accept it, talk about it with your partner and realize there are millions of other men out there to whom it has happened. If you’re comfortable with yourself you can get over it. If your partner would be hurtful about this, they are not right for you and you should move on.