Pelvic floor during sex

When I tense my pelvic floor muscles during an erection, it gets firmer. Should I tense them during sex / masturbation or will this cause issues?

1 Like

This is a great question and Iā€™ve been thinking about something very similar. Iā€™ve noticed when doing the mindful masturbation exercises that I donā€™t tend to engage my pelvic floor muscles all the time, in fact itā€™s often more pleasurable when I donā€™t and it doesnā€™t make me lose my erection.

But when Iā€™m having sex or keen to cum while masturbating, I do tend to engage them and hold onto it for long periods of time, because like you I feel ā€˜harderā€™ when I do. Iā€™m wondering if Iā€™m effectively exhausting them and ironically making it more likely that I lose my erection, when more judicious use of them might lead to better performance overall.

1 Like

I can speak from personal experience. I used to tense up my pelvic floor when i was masturbating, for the reasons you mentioned: it helped my erection and seemed to help me come faster. After years of doing this though, eventually my pelvic floor muscles went into chronic contraction and i acquired a condition called ā€œejaculatory anhedonia.ā€ Basically, i could ejaculate but had absolutely no pleasurable sensations of orgasm. I went through months of physical therapy and Iā€™m back to normal now, but i am very careful not to tense up my pelvic floor muscles during masturbation anymore.