Do you ever get anxious during sex? How does it affect you? (Part 1)

Yes, probably 2 out of ten times

4 Likes

Yes i get very nervous, especially once we begin to advance when making out. Or when putting on the condom my anxiety flies through the roof.

9 Likes

I feel I am not good enough when it comes to sex due to my lack of experience

6 Likes

The first time I’ve had sex was nerve-wracking. I was so afraid to come too quickly like when I masturbated and was so scared to disappoint my partner that I resorted to using numbing cream, which did nothing but preventing me from getting it up. After falling into a spiral of doubting my erection and keeping it up, I would let anxiety take over and come too quickly, thus the negative chain reaction it had caused me over the years. To be honest I have tried the blue pills for erection, numbing sprays and anti-depressants for coming too quickly, but nothing ever revealed itself as a truly effective, long-term solution.

9 Likes

I tend to get anxious if I feel body shame, for example my genitals or I am convinced that my partner is being non consensual with themselves - e.g. they are going down on me but don’t want to. This makes me get into my head.

4 Likes

I often get anxious in the build up to getting an erection - doubting that I will be able to get one and lacking trust in my penis. Also lacking confidence that it will go as ‘planned’ in my head, which is part of the problem.

10 Likes

I struggle with premature ejaculation and am regularly anxious about “underperforming” and not pleasuring my partner.

6 Likes

Don’t know

2 Likes

Yes, I lose the erection

1 Like

Yes - I worry that I will lose my erection.

2 Likes

Yes, during sex I was getting anxious about loosing erection, every time focusing on my penes reaction and worry about loosing erection rather than focusing on the sex act.

6 Likes

Just a seed of doubt that makes me question my own ability in the future. Overthink and wonder will this happen again. By the time we are trying again, I’ve over thought so much that all I think about is if it will work

5 Likes

sometimes . just the fact thinking if i can last long and get full erection.

3 Likes

Yeah, feel like I might lose it, and that it would be all over.

1 Like

Yes, at first I was thinking about my partner and my relationship before i first had sex with her. I was able to get over it but then after that i started thinking about how long can i last during sex and suddenly i struggle to even erect at all

4 Likes

I worry that I won’t be able to get hard, makes me focus on myself and getting hard rather than enjoying the foreplay.

6 Likes

I struggle with the transition from foreplay to penetration, the anxiety just reinforces itself.

16 Likes

I find that when i am having sex i can get bored of my partner or not as attracted. as i feel myself start to lose it, i start to imagine fantasies in a panic which i feel i have to make more and more vivid to keep my erection. ill then try to cum as quickly as possible so i have less pressure to keep it up and the imagining is so intense at that point i am barley in the room

12 Likes

Yes, I am constantly anxious about performing. It certainly stresses me out and does not help me perform.

6 Likes

No only before sex