What is your inner coach like?

This is somatic therapy 101. Great stuff right here.

If you have a somatic therapist in your area they work with your body in this way. And take it further. It gets crazy intense. I highly recommend talking to one if they are available.

My inner coach is me at my best. Confident, smart, kind and fully in control. The critic says its typical tired BS warning me about failure, the coach reminds me of the thousands of successful happy sexual encounters I’ve had, and that I’m still wanted and desired by those I encounter.

My inner critic is a evil version of myself with nothing but negative comments to say and my inner coach is a positive unbreakable version of myself, tells my inner critic to F off.

The inner coach used logic (morning wood is proof the plumbing works) but the critic fights back with "yeah, but I can shut that down easily ".

My critic just tells me im hopeless and that the main phrases is just ‘what’s the point?’ Both voices are mine but the critic is from within and the coach is beside me, found it hard to hear my coach but felt a warmth and reassurance from it.
Struggled with any dialogue between them

I loved this exercise. Now, I know that I have a coach and he has my voice. I can use it anytime I feel I need it.

Thank you. Very powerful!

Inner critic kept showing images of serial failure but the inner coach had way more examples and images of success.

My inner critic said," that’s it."
What was said to me during my last sexual encounter.

My critc said “you wont get hard”
My coach said “you stay out of my head and he will”

Inner critic makes the pleasurable feelings unpleasant and like my penis is full of anxiety. Inner coach is saying that everything worked before and can work now

My inner coach is that voice that compliments me on things I do, my inner critic is the voice that nags me , and although at times I use that for motivation to do better, I see where I have to listen to my coach positivity re a firm myself and not take a put down as motivation .

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve ever been so immersed in a mental exercise. That completely took me away and I was totally immersed in the moment.

My inner critic is more of a voice. It’s disguised as helpful. When sex enters my mind, it is quick to get in front of me and starts to suggest things I’m going to say to her, what I’m going to do, how I’m going to get her out of my place if it doesn’t work or works and then… doesn’t. It’s disguised as my own voice, just trying to put myself at ease with contingency plans, but it’s really not my own voice and it’s quite toxic. When I did the exercise, I envisioned myself getting to it in my room. My inner coach was me leaning up against the wall, in my uniform (I’m a paramedic, and I’m my best self on the job). My inner critic is also me, but in gym clothes (the version of me that, if I’m not careful, can be quite self conscious and gets his worth as a man from his strength numbers). This exercise I hope really made a breakthrough today.

1 Like

My inner critic is this small dark guy that feels envy when someone feels interested in me and the coach just keeps reminding him that I’m am good enough, attractive and loving person that deserves to be liked and wanted

Both my inner critic and my inner coach were very civil. Both of them care about me. One of which just makes my life hard sometimes.

Inner critic: you won’t get it up at the weekend and you’ll be feeling down and depressed

Coach: you’ve got it up plenty of times before- most of the time it’s not a problem. But if it is accept it - you’re not a failure.

That this weekend wasn’t like every other weekend, it’s a new weekend that has new possibilities the past does not control the present.
Critic points out that my partner might not be up to standard
Coach said that’s wrong she’s beautiful, smart listening, and sexy. Everything I want so back off it’s and stop pushing things down

My inner voiced are both aspects of me, the critic being a more scrawny, unmotivated and undisciplined version of myself. With the coach being my true potential, wise and strong, and most importantly understanding.

I feel like my inner critic and inner coach are both manifestations of myself. My inner critic is smaller, afraid, and ashamed, and is the master of the movies inside of my head. When I enter into a situation where I’m not confident, it is there to visualize all the things that went wrong in the past and could go wrong in the future. It tells me that it is all my fault, that I am inferior, unlovable, and a disappointment to my partner. My inner coach is an older, bigger, more confident version of myself. It manifests as a forceful voice inside my head combating the negative points the inner critic is making.

I’m generally supportive of myself and don’t struggle in this area.

My inner critic highlights risks that are proven in past history, and imagines them happening again. My inner coach explains that we have strategies to conquer those, and walks through the play by play of how we will handle those. Its an internal dialogue between two versions of me.