What is your inner coach like?

my inner critic said: you have errection problems
coach: no, i am perfectly fine and my partners loves me as is, with no judgement

Inner critic brought up the bad stuff. The inner coach has my back and firmly told the critic to shut up, that I’ve got this and that I’ve had good sex many good times lately to back it up.

He basically told him to shut the hell up he was very stern and demanding almost like a drill sergeant

My inner critic was a sensation of trembling cold going down the shaft of my penis, letting me know that I’m not going to get hard. My inner coach reminded me that my penis if for my enjoyment, and that actually, I’m going to love this. He was hyped for me about how hot my sexual partner was, and how much I was about to enjoy this sexual encounter in front me. He was leaning back against the wall with his arms crossed, a total bro. He was me, he had my voice. He was positively masculine.

My inner coach seemed like one of the guys having my back, telling me I was being ridiculous and just because I had dropped to a low point didn’t mean I wouldn’t bounce out of it. My inner critic looked a lot like me, just a little grumpier.

My inner critic is highlighting all of the bad things and negative things that have ever been said. My inner coach is the confident me showing how they are all wrong.

My inner coach is like a ray of light whereas my inner critic, whom I’ve nicknamed The Saboteur, is a shadowy figure. My inner coach undermines my inner critic by reminding him that he’s focusing on the wrong thing. The point is for me to enjoy myself. Sex isn’t a test.

My coach has no rebuttal to the critic. I have a problem, and the solution has not presented itself yet. This course has been great for identifying psychological issues, but I feel helpless to do anything about it.

My inner critic says “I’m in control & I have you right where I want you”. My inner coach says “oh yeah, every day in every way I’m getting better & better, and you cannot control me.”

My critic is a shadowy, lonely figure in the corner of my head while the coach is the best version of me (confident, content, self assured). The coach pushes the critic back to the corner

My inner coach defends me against the inner critic, reminding me of the times I “put it down” but also encouraging me that it’s okay to have fun and enjoy yourself, no childhood stress and shame associated

My inner coach is assertive, level headed, calm, encouraging and compassionate. Inner critic is an ugly ball of negativity, tunnel visioned, pessimistic creature looking thing.

My inner critic was seeping in doubts in me while my coach was providing all the motivation

Inner-critic: you don‘t have enough experience, you will fail, you don‘t even know how this all is supposed to work. Everybody else has it easier and you are so inhibited because you barley have any experience with penetration. Do you even want sex? You can‘t even get aroused. You are probably asexual and you just want sex because of society and shit…
Inner-coach: you are a very sensual and sexual person who actually desires sex very much. You enjoy sexual experiences so much when you let yourself go. And you are so empathetic and caring about the needs of your partner that you can actually just let yourself go and everything will be fine. You‘ve had the feeling so many times, listen to your instincts and you’ll be an amazing lover.

Critic stated I would not get hard next time I needed/wanted to.
Coach (my late wife) reminded me that I always was able to get a solid harden with Sandra and she wants me to do the same with Arlene

My inner critic told me I don’t deserve sex and I won’t be able to enjoy myself or maintain an erection. My inner coach told me very clearly that I am worthy of connection and pleasure and that I will absolutely enjoy sex and get and maintain an erection.

My inner critic seems like a representation of myself as an adult: pessimistic, bitter, and objective even when the time calls for subjectivity. He predicts failure but he blames me for it, which is why I feel down.

My inner coach is a representation of my younger self. Tough but doesn’t give up on me and has no intention of running away from danger. I couldn’t get much from him at the start though. Just a “you’re more than strong enough to resolve this problem”, and quite a bit of sorrow.

My inner critic took the form of a very negative girl I know, and my inner coach took the form of the girl I currently like.

Inner critic: it won’t stay up
Inner coach: you’ve done it before, you can do it again
Inner critic: but you’re older now
Inner coach: you’re in better shape than ever and eating a lot healthier and even quit smoking 3 years ago

I thought about plans, I have for this coming weekend, my girlfriend flying into town. My inner critic, interjected this feeling of worry, the uncertainty whether I can perform sexually. Even just the word perform has a certain tone to it. My inner critic whispered you’re a failure. My inner Coach said he’s not a failure. He’s growing, he’s tuning into people. he is sensitive. That’s not being a failure.

My inner coach tells me to enjoy the time. My inner critic says i can’t satisfy my partner