Position Dependent ED

I find it a lot easier to achieve and maintain an erection when sitting or lying down, but much harder when I’m standing or on top of my partner during intercourse. Does anyone else have this issue and are there exercises that have helped?

2 Likes

If you’re partner is doing the work, there’s less for you to worry about. You might think, “well they’re going to do what feels good for them”. So you’re off the hook. Your performance anxiety isn’t kicking in in the same way as it would if you were “in charge” and it’s easier for you to get and maintain an erection. Just a thought :person_shrugging:

Maybe it is a blood flow thing.
I have the position issue with masturbation. I can usually get hard in the seated position or on my side but not lying on my back or face down.

I’m the exact opposite - I have that issue lying down or seated :smile: always just put it down to preference… could it be as simple as that?

I’m with you on this and have assumed it’s mostly psychological and the more active positions are associated with more pressure, but honestly I don’t know. Lying down is just naturally more relaxing for me and therefore more inviting for an erection, but I think the feeling I HAVE to be lying down is probably false

Facing with the same issue here. Lying down for me is rock solid but the moment I stand on missionary it goes soft. It can’t be a mental thing because it goes from one moment to another so it has to be a blood flow issue. Any tips of where I should look for a solution or maybe missionary exercises, if there are any (that makes sense)