If you’ve tried meditation, how did it help?

It helps me not react instantly to situations. Fewer hair-trigger, fight or flight responses

recognizing illusoryness of the self

I hope to find peace with my inner critic. It took over this weekend, and I was disappointed in myself that I let it in and I let it control me. I am seeking mental clarity to take back control and get out of this cycle.

I hope to find peace with my inner critic through meditation. It let me down this weekend and I was disappointed with myself that I let it in, and let it control me. I hope to take back control with mental clarity.

I have tried meditation in the past and it has helped me organize my thoughts. It has also helped me figure out some things that I might be ruminating on and slowly help me get ready of these thoughts.

It gives you a space you can return to always

Meditation is difficult to pick up at first. But over time it got easier and my head started to clear up. You really have to stick with your practice to get it to become automatic. My inner critic comes and goes usually in the same pattern as my meditation practice. To truly master this takes a while.

I tried it a few years ago, found it difficult to remain in distracted. I’m willing to give it another go with mojo though :blush:

I’ve tried it occasionally and it’s helped chill me out at the time, but I’ve never done it consistently

I do really try to meditate but find my mind is all over the place with so much going on in my life that I find it difficult to focus and concentrate and feel like my present moment is always chaotic - I know I must keep at it with regular practice things will get better

I’m hoping meditation will keep me in the moment during sex and help me stay hard

I’m newish to meditation. I’m hoping it will help me calm myself and put me more in control

I struggle to meditate as my mind is on 24/7 I start wandering and getting lost in my thoughts.

Meditation has been tremendously helpful to me in the past in a couple of key ways. Firstly, it is an excellent tool to calm the mind when you’re feeling stress or anxiety. Secondly, I found it was great for weeding through the junk thoughts. It helped me acknowledge things that are fact and things that are a product of my brain feeling anxiety.

Reduce stress

I’m hoping to develop the techniques and capacity to judge my thoughts and selfless and get myself out of racing spirals that make it hard to sleep and get erect

Helps me focus. And stay calm

I am hoping to have better control in ever my emotion and not to go soft anytime there is a change

Meditation. Have practiced in the past and feel like I do it in many aspects of my life, but realize I need to go back to basics and start over to get the most out of it

I’ve tried meditation before for other anxiety related things and it helped me. I just need to stick at it this time around!