If you’ve tried meditation, how did it help?

I have meditated in the past to help with this issue. At first meditation seemed silly to me and then I tried it and it was extremely difficult. I realized just how much clutter I have in my brain and frequent that clutter comes into my head and ruins my headspace. But eventually I realized that I am not my thoughts.

I am taking my life back

Really beneficial - definitely going to build into my daily routine long-term

It’s good to know you aren’t alone

I have practiced meditation before but wasn’t able to focus for long. I guess I wasn’t as desperate then as I am at this point in life. I know it works wonders but I am still trying to digest if it will in anyway impact my sex life. Hoping to start afresh and with a positive attitude

Over the past week I’ve ‘meditated’ using the box breathing technique discussing in this program’s introduction. Even just five minutes a day has helped me to stay ‘present’ in the moment and to recognize sensations in my whole body. I am now beginning to realize just how much anxious thoughts control my decisions and distort my capacity for judgment. Even in this last week I found it much easier to relax into social situations, and my body language likewise was surer and more confident.

calms the mind, keeps your thoughts in check

Box breathing has helped kinda stabilize my mood and become more mindful of my surroundings inside and out. I still struggle to focus on my thoughts but I think that’s an adhd problem.

I have tried meditation and no doubt it has helped me to relax and be more in tune with everything going on, but I have never thought about how it can help in a sexual context

I meditate regularly for over 10 years. It did not help with performance anxiety in bed (yet). :smirk:

I struggle with anxiety and my thoughts can quickly spiral into the worst case scenarios. Meditation has really helped to control these thoughts in the past. My best sexual experiences occured when I was practicing meditation daily.

It hasn’t

I have never tried meditation before in the context of reducing anxiety and sexual well-being, but willing to start trying

Helped alot in bringing back my focus

Having better control of my mind and emotions is going to be excellent, for sex and life in general. Consistently struggle staying in the moment for as long as I would like to, during sex and the day to day.

Meditation helps me center in general. I do get very anxious at times with sex so I’m curious how this will help

I’ve been practicing a little bit on and off and am excited to begin meditating more consistently. It seems to alleviate a lot of disparate issues in one swoop.

I have such a negative stigma around meditation because I feel like it is plain silly. I feel that trying to
NOT think about something just makes the problem worse, similar to the inner critic problem ?

I meditate almost everyday. However I haven’t really connected to performance anxiety. I do feel meditation has helped me in all other aspects of my life. Maybe I need to gear it more towards performance anxiety to see the benefits. Hoping this will get me going on the right direction.

I’ve never done it. This would be my first time

I feel like the mental state I’m in will be greatly helped by meditation. I hope this then has a knock on effect with my sex life.