Gf has alot of male friends

Bot sure if this is the forum for this piece but my gf and I had a bit of an argument today where she mentioned hanging with one of her male friends. She said my face told her that i wasn’t happy bout it. I said it’s fine because I know she has a majority of male friends. She said how else did you expect a girl to get fri3nds when she moved to a new city she said I went on dates. How do you all feel about your girl hanging with guys that she has dated? She said I don’t want to be in a relationship with you if I can’t have male friends. Just a shitty unfair response to me. When we started dating I had a girl that I had a past with and she was texting me but nothing romantic it was about work because we used to work together but my gf said do me a favor and tell her that it would be appreciated if she stopped texting me. So I stopped it and my friend understood out of respect. Sounds a little one sided to me. Then she brought up the way I watch when guys talk to her at the gym. I said because it’s long as conversations about anything but working out. The last dude asked her where I was and if we were together and she said yes he is my boyfriend. This dude said I think you should be with me. So I reacted to it and she said it’s hard to tell me this stuff because the way I react. What’s right and wrong here ya know? I’m a guy and intentions of approaching girls or the intentions of someone I have a past with are not always based in just friendships. Am I wrong to feel some type of way about this stuff?

3 Likes

This sounds like my last relationship. Not good signs here, bro :confused:

3 Likes

You deserve better, king. If shes not willing to respect your feelings than she’s not worth the time.

4 Likes

I might go against the grain here, but I don’t think it’s a problem that she has male friends or has contact with ex’s or people she went on dates with.

You’re projecting your own insecurity and anxiety onto her. If you truly trust her, it shouldn’t matter who her friends are and it’s up to her to weed out the people with bad intentions. You can provide support and mention when you have concerns over someone’s behaviour with her, but it should be with concerns for her safety and well-being, not your own emotions.

Your feelings are valid, and I would have similar feelings, but in my opinion they are for us to manage. From your post I can’t see her doing anything wrong, other than maybe being a bit of a hypocrite with your friend she asked you to stop texting.

6 Likes

I’m maybe old fashioned when it comes to this, I don’t think it can work to be friends or to be close with the opposite gender. There will always be one person who has other intentions. Maybe your girlfriend will be loyal no matter what and I hope she is. But I’m sure her male friends want some different things if they had a chance. And it’s just that simple, if she doesn’t like it the other way around then she doesn’t need to do it herself. (Sorry for my English) I wish you good luck my friend

3 Likes

I agree it must goes both ways. I don’t agree that opposite gender friendships don’t work. I have quite a few and none are sexual ( -and I’m heterosexual) . You just have to be mature about it.

1 Like

My Ex dis this same thing… Needless to say she ended up, cheating and I found out… Put it plainly if she isnt doing things with you shes doing it with someone else, period … hypergamy at its core

1 Like

You gotta tell her how you feel like it’s one sided and that she has to cut them off or else the relationship is off the table. And if she wants to compromise then just tell her to ignore them instead until they leave her alone. Wish you the best of luck :crossed_fingers:

1 Like