Frustrated/ Angry Partner?

My partner and I have been together 6 years, and lived together for 4. We have always had an unbelievable sex life… until 2 months ago, when I suddenly began losing my erections. Despite trying to communicate with her, she has taken to getting very angry, accusatory, and even suggests that it’s because I don’t love her anymore, or that I’m not attracted to her, or that I’m seeing someone else. Honestly, she is making this much worse. The truth is, I don’t know why this started happening at all. At first, I thought I was just tired or exhausted from a workout - I figured that was why I got soft. But the few times after that, I just kept reliving the same moment over and over and then finding myself soft again. I feel like my relationship is suffering badly right now…

2 Likes

I think having such a sudden drop in libido should be brought up to your doctor as it could be an underlying medical condition. Seems like a symptom of something.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing E.D.all of a sudden but it is not an uncommon condition. It’s usually related to stress and / or anxiety. Mojo has some very useful and reassuring information about this and don’t forget that you can reach out to them by direct message via the app. I wish you a quick resolution to your situation.

1 Like

ED problems can happen seemingly out of the blue and then very quickly impact a relationship. Have you shared that you are using Mojo? It might be helpful if she realises that you are looking for help. It will be important that your partner comes on board otherwise you are right the pressure is all on you. Trying some nice couples sensate, taking penetration out of things for a while and explain that you are working on moving on from this performance anxiety. Also important to look at other external stuff - work, family, fitness, health etc Couples therapay can aslo be SO helpful - just a few sessions to reassure you both that you are wanting to work on the relationship. Good luck : )

2 Likes

Yes, I actually got my T levels checked and started testosterone treatment. That’s definitely helped with the libido, and i have no trouble getting hard during self pleasure or waking up. But during the actual moment for sex with her, even if I’m aroused, I immediately get soft before penetration.

Amanda - one of the things you said that stood out for me is taking penetration off the table for now. I feel like this has been quite effective for me but also I’m worried that it might make things worse by turning penetration into an even bigger thing than it already is. Any comments on this?

Blush pony that has been exactly my concern. I feel like taking it off the table could be useful but concerned that bringing it back would elicit even more stress

I replied in the other comment below, but also been thinking about this