What is your inner coach like?

for me i picture one of my best friends as my inner coach an an ominous voice as my inner critic. When I think of the comebacks to the inner critic which my coach provides, their all things that my friend has told me in the past which really are true about myself. Things that I took for granted

My critic said I was failure. He then laughed really hard at me. It sounded like an old friend I had that was passive aggressive toward me. He seemed jealous, a little. It’s ok I know he was insecure. I think he was insecure more than hating on me. We were good friends until woman got involved. It must’ve brought out insecurity.

Anyways I forgive him and even if we can’t agree on events, I know he’d be ok now if we hung out. All love.

It laughed at me and told me I was failure. Yeah this self help stuff won’t work. You’ll still fail.

my coach was saying I wanted to have sex, i was doing my best. It was just one time-good thing there’s more opportunities :kissing_heart:

The coach was firm and reminded the critic that I get erections every morning.

My inner coach and inner critic are just my voice. I can sometimes even speak to what they are saying in my head. I had an experience where I felt fear and risks…but I spoke and heard myself saying “you only live once” and followed through with this activity.

1 Like

Firm, but calm and measured. The critic always leads with a you’re not good enough at this sort of comments and tends to spiral into specifics, but the coach provided measured, logical response and helped shoot it down.

My coach had my back when the inner critic was trying to bring me down.

Quite a nerdy response but I imagined I was in the scene in the matrix where neo meets the architect. Loads of screens shouting my insecurities at me. You won’t be able to do it, you’ve already failed.

I imagined my coach as the architect, sitting between me and the screens changing the channels so less voices shouting. Till all I could hear was two voices. The critic saying “you can’t do it” the coach saying, “he said the same thing about your weight loss, here you are 24kg lighter”.

The ciritc snapping back saying, “but look how many times he failed”… coach replying “but he didn’t give up.”

Likes to point out all obvious feelings i go through in those types of situations

My inner critic is an over exaggerated anxiety riddled version of myself. It constantly tells me that I’m not good enough to do anything. My inner coach is the voice of someone who constantly has my back no matter what and reassures me that I am able to do what I ever my inner critic doubts I can

My inner coach is just a relaxing sounding voice, shutting down the inner critic with facts and reason. My inner critic responds but every time my inner coach had an comeback

My inner coach totally dominates over my critic . The coach is able to overcome any negative thoughts from the critic.

Excellent exercise

I’m very visual and my coach went through phases. The one thing my critic said was that I’m not worthy of romantic love. The first coach was me, standing between the critic and myself saying to the critic that it was just factually wrong and that I’m a good person. Then the coach was my parents saying they loved me. Then it was my friends standing with me telling the critic to go away. Then it was a weird mix of an actual sport coach/drill sergeant/Rocky Balboa saying that I can be happy/win/succeed and that I was worthy.

My inner coach is a wizend coach laughing at the absurdity of the inner critic and saying “You got this, ignore that other bugger”

My inner coach is calm and self assured. My inner critic is weak and full of self doubt. My inner coach calmly cut my inner critic off with facts and the critic seemed to quiet

for whatever reason, my inner critic looks like The Critic, played by Jon Lovitz and my inner coach is Disco Stu from the Simpsons…

My inner coach is Mango and my Inner Coach is a tomato. I hate tomatoes

My inner coach is more abstract. I like to imagine a person on a quest, and the inner coach seems the person I’m imagining (a version of me) overcoming obstacles and continuing ahead.

My inner critic was like a small monster who attached a lock to my penis. My inner coach came in and kicked him off saying that’s not his dick to own or control. It’s mine.

My inter coach reinsures me that I can do it and re instills the confidence that I’ve done it before so I can do it again, the only thing stopping/holding me back is my inner critic