What does your inner critic sound like? (Part 1)

My inner critic is me telling myself “Bro, you’re not gonna get hard so what’s the point.” It’s so annoying.

I often argue with my inner critic - I know it is there and try to say no you will manage to keep hard, but most often it wins. It also distracts me transitioning from foreplay to sex and that’s the point I often lose my erection, doing things like applying lube etc

Mines a specator, constantly evaluating how its going and suggesting ways to change it up based on how it feels. When really…I need to just get dumb and happy and enjoy the moment rather than micro analyze it.

It’s not really a voice, it’s more of a boulder that block certain thought-pathways. My head forcing me away from a thought-pattern makes me feel like I’m not ready or good enough.

My girlfriend doesn’t fit my ideal physically and that turns me off

Voice in my head, telling me a bunch of things and not letting me calm down and be in the moment. Get it right, get hard, don’t screw up, I think it spans from my mom because she was always critical about what I would do and if I didn’t do it, whether it was school or other things then she would blame me and criticize me

my inner critic is my own voice telling me that it just isn’t gunna happen, the expectation is too high and that I won’t be able to impress. it tells me that I wont be able to get hard and that It will be an awkward situation

My inner critic sounds like me

my inner critic has my voice and he kind of watches from above and asks if I will maintain my erection and tells me I’m going to lose it. its almost like a sports commentator giving a play by play. And he also asks if I’m going to climax too soon or take too long. now that I right this out my inner critic is demanding perfection every time with every partner.

It’s me. The entire time. Partially encouraging me and partially ridiculing me. Never just one or the other.

My inner critic was very much a remake of my ex. He abused me in many ways and sexual abuse was once. Forced into doing things were anything but Me. It was like I was dealing with it. But idk I feel like I at least I know the cause now.

My inner critic is removed from the situation, in a position of observation. Its message is that I’d better figure out how to maintain or regain an erection, or I will have the whole thing messed up

For me it doesn’t seem like a critic, rather someone casting doubt asking questions: “will you get it hard? Will you be able to keep it hard? What will you then do?” Leaves me with feelings of anxiety in my stomach and almost complete numbness in the groin

My inner critic is a version of me that is very judgemental, dismissive, firm, and thinks I will fail at doing something. It casts doubt. It sounds just like me, looks like me, but more shadowy. When it pops up its like a person leaning on the wall, only talking to me.

My inner critic is a bit uptight and not very sexy, wears boring clothes. Doesn’t want to be noticed, wants to blend in. Which is difficult to do when you’re naked and the focus of someone’s attention.

My body
Anxiety
Being aroused
Getting in the mood

Before im expecting sex, I already start thinking it didn’t work last time, and its not gonna work this time. So the anxiety just stacks up and eats me alive.

My inner critic feels like my own voice in my head, but almost at a whispering volume. It makes me feel under pressure, even days or hours before sex. ‘You need to be rock hard,’ ‘are you gonna to be able to keep it up?’ It forces a tightness in my chest and makes the pressure of delivering almost unobtainable.

I know I can get hard and get in the mood
Staying hard or losing my attention while having sex
You won’t be able to get horny

My inner voice tells me I need to worry and overthink. Going thru a divorce currently and sometimes can’t keep my erection with my new chic. New girl versus not my wife, even though I left.