Identifying the inner critic during soft penis pleasuring

My inner critic was your not getting hard
What if it doesn’t , good excercise to try and I think it would be good to try with your partner also at some point .

This feels good touching it, even without an erection.

That it should be hard. It’s simply not ok with it being flacid

Your penis is small.

I started thinking about having to do this next time I go soft during sex.

He said things like, “well this is unimpressive “ or “interesting “

There was also some curiosity and interest to spend time with a part of my body that has such a profound psychological impact on me

That I cannot get it hard and that my pennis/erection is a failure, how can I even satisfy my partner if my pennis is like that?

Got self-conscious about the size slightly. Felt a little disconnected about whether I should feel a sensation or not, be able to get hard just on command basically

When I was starting to get an erection (and letting go of it): “if you continued to masturbate, you wouldn’t be able to hold the erection anyway.”

I did not notice the inner critic, but I did have to do the exercise several times as I kept getting hard. One time it was quite amazing to just stop and watch it get harder and stand up, even though I had stopped touching it and thinking “oh dear, failed the exercise!” as well as “why can’t it be like this when I do want it to be hard?” It was quite instructive really, taking away the goal of getting hard, allowed it to actually get hard!

This is all well and good when you do not want to get hard, but if a girl was here and you wanted to get hard would you be so relaxed?

Said that my penis isn’t that good looking and showed me images of when my dick first went soft.

As soon as I asked my inner critic to fuck off, I got an erection! I genuinely believe this as a good thing as it felt like I was in a better state mentally :smile:

It actually reminded me of times when things haven’t gone well and I just thought well everything clearly works while im touching myself, so maybe I just need to relax a bit more.

Inner critic was comparing my size to other guys I had been with in the past, being judgmental and unhelpful to the exercise. I was able to catch that and refocus on myself and experience positivity about my soft penis.

This is interesting because I didn’t have an inner critic. I was just playing with it. Moved it like a teasing tongue. Made a joke about it being a head banger. I did get semi hard once, so I stopped and chilled and… distracted myself with a game on my phone. This might not have been the thing to do, so next time I won’t do that, but for the most part, it wasn’t as weird as I thought it would be. Little guy really did just wanna be seen lol.

I tried to summon up my inner critic because at first I kept getting hard. The surface level stuff wasn’t bad (“you won’t get hard! You won’t be able to pleasure her!”) but once I got a little deeper the really intense stuff got to me. It became more like “you are ugly, and too thin,” “you aren’t a real man,” “you are a freak,” really intense self hating stuff. That made me feel soft!

It was like the nerdy little turtle I pictured as my inner critic was replaced by a big shadowy bully. The “real” inner critic that is the root of a lot of these insecurities.

My inner critic said it’s not going to work. That I am a failure.

This is never gonna work you will be like this forever

Saying this is the issue. Despite touching it nothing is happening

Kept telling the soft penis that you’re much better when you’re hard