Identifying the inner critic during soft penis pleasuring

That I would get an erection now obviously but not when I needed to

I feel like those thoughts are trying to drag you down

It’s difficult to stop wondering why it won’t respond

That this might be the future of my penis if I don’t do something about it

Didn’t expect or want to get hard during (as per the guidance) so this wasn’t an issue. My inner critic did say “your dick looks small” which I think reflected the point of the exercise which is getting comfortable with soft penis rather than thinking it must be hard if you’re naked

Inner critic was saying something about the size of my soft penis.

It was telling me how soft and small I was and that a hard penis is better. However closing my eyes did make things better but that was probably against the point of the exercise

Not seeing how this is going to help

That it wasn’t so simple to get a hard erection. Keeping a limp penis was easy and my inner critic saying to me that it takes a lot of touching to get it erect at all.

Perhaps a slight confusion relating to mind-body connection

Your dick is getting touched but not hard? What happens when a girl grabs it? Are you just going to stay soft and flaccid?

Even though the exercise was to remain soft, my inner critic kept questioning ‘why isn’t anything happening?’ Same as what it does in a sexual situation. The instructions said that if you start to get hard then you should stop, I didn’t get hard at all and the inner critic questioned what the fuck was going on, what’s wrong with me, why isn’t there any action down there!

I do notice it at the start but I keep having a mental image of him being knocked out by other parts of my mind that support me

I was actually thinking nice positive thoughts.

I felt positive about it. I started to think nice affirming thoughts.

It was telling me that you better get up when its time to have sex

Why aren’t you accidently getting hard like the instructions tell you?

I can tell these thoughts are serious and problematic. Even with an exercise of just pleasuring my soft penis I’m expecting it wanting results

Inner critic was pointing out flaws with my penis. Size, lack of circumcision, imperfections on the skin… makes me very self conscious and anxious.

It was saying, what’s the point, this isn’t going to change anything.
I know it will distract from being in the moment with your partner, it will make it worse

What good is this doing? Probably should be getting hard even though I’m not supposed to.