Identifying the inner critic during soft penis pleasuring

I was thinking that I’ve never really paid attention to what it looks like before. It’s just the first time and I didn’t feel like anything beneficial was happening but I trust the process because the previous exercises have been helpful.

You won’t get hard later. Wasting your time

that it doesn’t work and this is the normal for me to have sex with it soft

This stimulation should be making me hard. Why am I not getting hard?

I started having the same kinds of fantasies that come up while I’m having sex - they distract me from the partner I’m having sex with and I’ve come to recognize them as my critic saying “what you’re doing right now is not good enough. This fantasy is what you need to be doing to be worthy and okay.”

Inner Critic: ‘what are you doing? This is pointless, this thing is worthless in this state’ hahaha

It wasn’t the most attractive looking penis, noticing the hair growth around scrotom and different skin tones, but in the end I thought it was cute :rofl:

Tbh I wasn’t thinking why aren’t you getting hard as i reframed from thinking sexual, but more along the lines of I just wish I didn’t have this issue. I got a semi but that was about it.

If I don’t get hard at some point during the exercise then I’m a failure. Then it got hard after thirty seconds and realised it was going to be difficult to stay soft instead.

If you’re doi g this for pleasure you should be getting hard.

Just get hard. This feels so good. It is definitely valuable to be present and accept my penis fully in all statuses.

My inner critic honestly distracts me whenever i start to feel like I’m getting hard, then I go back down, I’m not even sure if it’s trying to help or help TOO much at this point.

Wish it was harder…

Still goes through my head I’m touching and it does feel good so why isn’t it getting hard. Feels good no erection and so my inner critic keeps asking why.

You’re not big/good enough

You probably won’t get hard anyway. When I started getting hard my inner critic told me you’re not gonna get any harder. When I got hard and let it go soft my inner critic was telling me that’s what will happen during sex

Concerned that this would condition me to be even less responsive with a partner.

“Even if you got hard it would go away quickly”

When I was touching my penis some of the sensations felt good but I didn’t get hard until I started thinking about my girlfriend. My inner critic and my body play tricks on me I feel because I can get hard thinking about my girlfriend and touching her in certain ways and her touching me but when it actually comes down to it I lose the erection. My inner critic enjoyed telling me you couldn’t get hard to enjoy sex.

Basically that I should be getting more hard from this and quicker. I had to let it go down a few times, but only ever reached a semi, which was difficult. I was difficult to let go when an erectiom was actually starting because it’s like “omg it’s happening, I want to TEST if it can get all the way hard”… Key word being test. I’m not actually horny, I just want to test. And that’s the inner critic.