Do you ever get anxious during sex? How does it affect you? (Part 2)

Not had sex in years due to a bad break up and low self esteem. I masturbate quite alot but sometimes I cant finish as I cant stay hard.

Yes I get anxious, and that leads to the penis deflating.
I also find it difficult due to the previous failure, which then also makes my partner feel bad.

Yea ruins the moment

Anxiety has just started for me over the last 2-3 weeks. My new partner is ready for intimacy, im ready as well. Weve tried 2 times. Ow and i cannot get hard. Shes upset now with me. I dont know why im not getting hard. Im very attracted to her. Its been frustrating getting to the stafe of intimacy. I thought she wasnt interested in me sexually and didnt try to be intimate with her for a long time.

Ever since my divorce I’ve struggled with performance anxiety. Unsure if it’s a feeling of inadequacy or the pressures of performing well.

Interesting reading all the different stories. I do not remember the last time I had a hard erection and an erection that lasted even just by myself.
Kinda gave up and see it normal now, as a bottom gay man is not essential for my pleasure but I do feel some of my partners feel like I’m not into them because of it.

i agree with the going numb

I get problem with ed and once had sex it’s hard to get ed and sex doesn’t last longer less than 2 minutes.

I am 38, and for most of my adult relationships and sexual encounters I have been unable to maintain an erection. I believe this is due to high doses of anti-depressants and anxiety, especially anxiety caused by religious trauma (unhealthy inherited religious attitudes & beliefs about sex and self-worth). In my current relationship (6 years), after building trust and intimacy, things have been better, but I still sometimes struggle. I hope this program helps.

It doesn’t happen everytime and I will even have a stretch of a few good months were this doesnt happen but when it does I dont feel anything in my penis. It’s just myself sweaty and stuck knowing I cant get it up.

Yea very often

Only recently.

I do and when it happens I may have those thoughts that I hope I can stay up. When I have those thoughts that’s when it is normally over for me

I get concerned I can’t get it up and please my partner and it causes me to not get it up

I do get anxious because I feel like I don’t last as long as I should with mu partner and I feel like I let them down when I orgasm first before they reach it then I’m unable to make them finish

Can’t get a woman so i don’t know

I don’t get anxious. I only get anxious by the idea of it because the society that I live in f***ing so much that it is the number one popular country in the world. But if anyone even speaks about it, you get into trouble. I opened up about me. Masturbating and I thought it is a general thing but I got into trouble. I just want my normality and power to be myself in front of anyone back. There are some people who think that they’re protectors, but they are actually perpetrators of the sexual stigma. Unfortunately, they are in powerful position and among our families. This time whenever I’m having sex I want to be completely and forever in love with that person and hope to get loved back and all the problems of sex will be solved I believe. I’m most concerned about how much of that person love me to he open about sexual things.

I’m always getting anxious when my wife says that she needs sex tonight. I can get it hard sometimes but in my head during sex still wonder how long will it last, and then, as I thought, I can’t finish.

My wife says she is fine and she understand, but every time this situation happens, some bad thoughts still left in my head and make me feeling bad about sex.

I can’t keep an erection when it comes to penetration, I’m too in my head.

Yes, before and during the foreplay i have an erection but then slowly i start to be in my own thoughts and thinking of the surroundings and get caught up in them and my pecker starts to go down.