Do you ever get anxious during sex? How does it affect you? (Part 1)

I’m in the exact same boat. New relationship, really care about her and wish my body behaved the way I feel toward her…

Yeah real bad. It used to be worse, like couldn’t talk to someone I like without shaking. Now it’s not so bad but now that I’m sober it’s close to. I went through a degree of sexual abuse, and wasn’t thw most popular. Not endowed either, qnd now that I’ve had these problems the proble of not getting up is stuck up there as well. Ngl been thinking of just getting one of those implants bc I def fucked my cardiovascular system up during my addiction and have been painfully alone. Been TWO FUCKING YEARS since I’ve gotten laid

Yes

Only when I have got feelings for someone. You don’t want sex to be an issue in the relationship. You want it to be great. This leads my mind to think about what could go wrong before anything has

Yes, I am worried I won’t be good enough for my partner. Ironically these thoughts the prevent me from being able to get erect.

4 out of 5 time

4 of 5 times

Yes

Yes. I overthink things and expect myself to be hard immediately and when I’m not, that adds to the pressure.

Ya I may struggle to get an erection of the fear of “this might not work” and then if I do get one I then overthink it and it goes

I think too much leading up to sex that I make myself anxious then find it difficult to get an erection which makes me more anxious so becomes a cycle

So I primarily get anxious when I receive a message from a girl which implies we might have sex later - increased heart rate, sweating, and a flustered mind.
This occurs even if the potential sex is way ahead in the future, and can even interfere with my masturbation patterns - I once received a message that we might have sex in about a week, and for that entire week I had difficulties getting erections when I masturbated.
Then during sex, I don’t feel anxious per se, but rather I get in my head and I think way too hard about what’s happening. I hyper-concentrate on whether or not my penis is getting hard, and I become anxious when I realise it’s not, or I get relaxed when I realise it is.

Yes, almost every time. I can feel the sexual excitement tingle in me switch to an anxiety tingle and I start to loose my erection. I have to slow way down and try to talk my way through it to keep going or get going again. It completely ruins the moment and makes it very hard to be spontaneous. Sex is a total crap shoot as to wether I’ll be any good each time…

I do. I can get sweaty and start to tense up. Then boom. Magic’s gone.

I’m able to get an erection for the most part but I get extreme performance anxiety. I don’t want to lose it and I get anxious. Losing all of the fun and enjoyment and also my erection.

I get anxious before sex that I might loose erection or it will not last long enough to make pleasure to my partner.

Yes
It makes me finish fast or lose bonner

1 Like

Yes

I feel like it’s going to go downhill , and that I’ll let my girlfriend down. When I’m not feeling confident it’s a self fulfilling prophecy of fear

Yes. I get stressed about rather she is enjoying it, If I am doing it right- my partner likes me to be assertive, and I lack confidence in that area then I over think it.