What does your inner critic sound like? (Part 1)

My inner critic is assessing if im feeling an erection or not. And if i can’t feel it straight away or if i feel it. The fear of losing the erection takes over

My inner critic is like a ghost in stylish suit but with no face, contantly blaming me for not acting accurate in daily life as well as during sex. It wants me to believe I’m not enough in any sence.

My inner critic is really just myself. Putting pressure on my self trying to prepare myself while taking myself down. Or I’ll put pressure on myself hyping up the sexual encounter in my head thus making me nervous and giving me anxiety leading up

My inner critic jabs me in the stomach and can give me butterflies just thinking about sex.
It’s my voice, saying things such as “you’re not hard yet” once sex begins, or “if you don’t get it up people will talk about you and laugh behind your back” “it’s embarrassing not getting it up, if you can’t get it up the sex is ruined and she won’t want to see you again”. My inner critic is the “unmasculine” version of me, no charisma, no confidence, out of control. When my inner critic is silent I am charismatic, confident and don’t mind if I’m in control or not. My inner critic takes me out of the moment and I don’t enjoy the things about sex and being intimate with a woman which I would if it was silent.

My inner critic doesn’t really talk. It’s more like a physical sensation in my stomach/groin area, like something being sucked in (or out - not really sure), and a desperate internal battle between a whisper/voice saying “I hope that it will work tonight” vs. “it probably won’t work tonight”.

It is usually the most active when we have labeled an evening as a sex evening, or pre-decided about sex. When sex happens casually or spontaneously I usually have much better results. However, the thought of losing the erection once engaged in the sex is always there.

My inner critic is my own voice and it usually shows up during foreplay while I’m excited and fully erect and starts giving me warnings about how I’m not going to be able to maintain my erection thereby ruining the mood. I always continue and try to get past it but it usually gets the upper hand because it becomes a loop in my head that I can’t turn off. The more I try not to think about it and just relax and be in the moment, the more it controls and frustrates me.

It’s just me.

My inner voice just sounds and looks like me. Maybe I need to “reassign” it a different face and voice to help differentiate it.

My inner critic is my voice in my head telling me that I better stay hard and not lose the erection again or I’ll be an embarrassment and a failure and less of a man

I can’t really hear my inner critic beforehand, it’s just a general feeling of anxiety about sex.

During sex I do notice I’m saying to myself “come on, get hard” or something along those lines.

My inner critic has different levels.
Before sex it keeps saying that I won’t be able to get it up.
The when the girl start touching me and I’m soft my inner critic goes into a whole new level where it keeps putting me down « what do you think she thinking touching your soft dick right now?! »

Then when it gets hard and I need to wear a condom my inner critic will keep telling me that I won’t be able to keep it hard and that it’s worthless trying.

And in the middle of all that my inner critic sometimes is just a really painful sensation where I start feeling all my blood going away from my dick.

My inner critic seems indistinguishable from normal thought, more like “oh I’m probably gonna go soft” or “I needed to check my phone so I got distracted and will probably go soft” “she is going to be disappointed” " what if this costs you the relationship? "

Mainly just when all the clothes come off, it starts getting louder and says things like ‘you can’t stay hard while you put on this condom’ and ‘don’t make this awkward’ and ‘you’re embarrassing yourself again’

My inner critic is my voice, telling me I need to stay hard…I need to be able to finish. It’s constantly telling me I need to stay hard, and hours before sex, it’s reminding me “what if I can’t stay hard again?”

My inner critic feels starts with the belly drop associated with a rollercoaster as a way of announcing itself. Then my own voice pipes up reminding me about all the unsuccessful times in my life and how this will be no different so don’t even bother trying. He applies both in and out of the bedroom.

The inner critic is standing right behind my eyes, he’s a small version of myself. Before an encounter he’s telling me, what happens if she bends if hard again, or “don’t lose it”, “she’ll be upset if you can’t get it up again”

Its a voice inside my head panicking

My inner critic says that I’m not gonna enjoy this. I’m gonna have to pretend to enjoy this. If she knew what I was thinking right now she’d be disgusted. As long as I can keep this performance going, she’ll think I’m into it and I can get that job done. That way I’ve proven to myself that I can do it.

My inner critic seems to be silently judging and, where it is an internal voice, it will be saying that it will happen again. It does seem like a lot of people here are experiencing similar. It is comforting for me that I’m not alone.

A whisper in the back of my mind that sex outside of a marriage is unsafe and dishonest and will hurt my partner emotionally or that condoms aren’t intimate or my partner isn’t pretty enough.