What does your inner critic sound like? (Part 1)

I guess my inner critic is a culmination of all the nervous kid energy I still have, telling me to fear actions or situations.

My inner critic is comes across like my internal dialog. Like I’m having a conversation with myself. Not loud, ot quiet, just a normal conversation. Usually it will start thinking about the issues way before the issues could present themselves in the bedroom. It may even question the level of attraction I have to my partner if I can’t get an erection. It presents itself as a rational voice so it can be really hard to dismiss and forget about as it is my own voice. I have never thought of it as anything other than the way I communicate with myself, so identifying it as something potentially harmful and stressful is a good start. How do I dismiss it though, its not as if I can get away from my own thoughts??

There’s not really a voice.

Anxiety, being afraid of how my partner is feeling. Failing.

My inner critic is scared for what my partner will think of I can’t get hard. If I’m not attracted to them or have them be upset at me if I can’t keep hard. I’m scared that I won’t keep hard and will get anxious and start shaking

Inner critic says there’s no chance you’ll be hard. Or if you are, it’ll say you aren’t hard enough. They’re inciteful and it’s my voice

My inner critic is a more opinionated version of me, it’s the voice of the opinions of those around me aswell. My partner is so understanding about bedroom issues but I want to satisfy her. I like to satisfy. But I have issues with premature ejaculation too and that critic is always saying you won’t last, you’ll go limp. As understand as my partner is, I keep thinking at some point this will become too much.

My inner critic is an amalgamation of my own voice mixed with my father’s standing over me wearing clothes made out of sharp metal.

It is my own voice, just telling me that I cant lose the election cause you will let her down and she will be disappointed in you. That you are not good enough just to do something that should come naturally

My inner critic tells me that I am about to let down my partner and she is going to be disappointed and frustrated

My inner critic isn’t there when I’m sexually aroused without my partner being. It’s more so when my partner tries to start getting sexual then inner critic comes in like a cloud telling me I’m not good enough and that I shouldn’t
Even try to engage because I will fail to satisfy my partner .

My inner critic says im not going to be able to maintain, says i wont get it hard enough, tells me she’s noticing is not hard enough, she is not liking this or she is faking or exaggerating.

I also face like other people on the forum with an inner critic that tries to help, by telling me to relax, let my self go and stop focusing on my dick. Also tells me that she is enjoying it and that I can know she is for sure enjoying it. But while doing that, letting my self go becomes complicated and thinking about the frustration I’ll feel if it goes soft makes it even worse.

Luckily I have an amazing partner that supports me, and helps me feel ok with the situation. The frustration in my case comes more with my self, and how ED makes limits me from enjoying sex no matter how much I desire too.

My inner critic has the voice of my step dad who tormented me growing up. When I imagine sex scenarios it says stuff like “it won’t work” and “you’re going to fail.”

My inner critic feels like a my own voice in my head, a worm such as the example, that tells me “you better do x if you want am erection”, “don’t do this if you want an erection”, “if you do that you won’t get hard”.

It’s not a voice but a feeling of doubt… Heavy questioning doubt. Just the feeling that I need to do it right but somewhere it will go wrong. Then that doubt becomes anxiety about even being able to perform in the moment.

My inner circle always ask can I perform well now? An I get successful errection?

Rather than a voice, it feels like this idea that is there and that I can see standing there in my mind, in perspective, thanks to this exercise.

I don’t quite notice an inner critic in the same sense as I have in other areas. It is more a buildup of constant failures. My previous GF I struggled the very first time (also first time overall for me-later in life) but afterwards I was fine.
New GF I had the fear the first time and it proved true. Each time afterwards it has built on the frustration. We start fooling around and I can feel the blood flow going where it is supposed to…but then I am concentrating on it “c’mon, you can do it”, etc. And it goes away. I do fear that it will affect the relationship. I use other methods to please her…but it is not all great because she is the giving sort as well and wants to please me. One time we watched a movie in bed and I think she noticed that I was concentrating on the movie and she got me hard in seconds. So I know it is me being in my head.
I have talked to her about it and am hopeful to learn to not concentrate and be more in the moment.

My inner critic is me, but in a dark robe covering everything besides the lower portion of his face, just enough to know it’s myself talking. he’s not loud but his words are controlling

My inner critic genuinely convinced me I was asexual for months, anyone else? :sweat_smile: