Situational performance anxiety

I feel that if i have to put a condom on my erection will be gone by the time it’s on and i always think as soon as i get hard i have to rush to sex before it goes away which is very uncomfortable for her

Right before intercourse. I always get right in my head beforehand. Everything is working great and then when it’s time the spectatoring begins. I notice as soon as I’m not as hard and it just deflates. I try to reel myself back into the moment but at times it feels to late.

Defo experienced the condom killer. I can also relate to the whole thing of wanting to “get in fast” when aroused. Sometimes my woman needs more foreplay, and wants me to go down on her. That’s a classic moment when the spectatoring begins. I go a little soft, when when she wants me to enter, I need her to touch me or something in order to get hard again, and anxiety goes up, game over. I’m also usually going for doggy style, because it’s the best for my erections.

No foreplay, condoms, new person I have sex with

Condom use causes anxiety for me. I had a partner who made use of an IUD, and since being with other partners who do not, the condom has always felt foreign and possibly in the way, though vital to intercourse with most other partners. I found masturbating with a condom chased away any anxieties around lack of sensation (condoms have improved in that way significantly). And incorporating my partners in the process has helped to make it less of a concern. Foreplay doesn’t have to stop because a condom is being put on.

My wife will stimulate me with her hand and get me hard, and then have me finger her for an extended period of time, while she uses a vibrator and no one is stimulating my penis. Then when she’s about to climax, she wants me to penetrate her. So I’m nervous the entire time about being hard and ready for that moment.

During foreplay, i start spectatoring once i feel an erection coming, it kills the mood.

When it comes to putting the condom on there’s a break that sometimes makes me lose the erection. As soon as I begin to feel I’m losing the erection at any point I start spectatoring and then it’s gone

I think getting naked makes me feel very vulnerable and activates my fight-flight system. I am a bit terrified of being naked with my girlfriend

Everytime I try something with someone new I get a lot of anxiety. Even if it’s a casual “meaningless” encounter. Before I am physically with the person, my heart starts pounding and I get in my mind and everything goes down from there. Even before it starts…

Every single time I’m putting a condom I know I won’t be able to have an erection.

If there is light on - i also know that it will triggers ED too

Funnily enough, when I notice I have a good erection I wonder if it’ll last long enough to have sex, and I think that plays a good part in hindering me. When the foreplay starts, I start to wonder if I’ll be able to get it up in time

Putting on a condom always makes me anxious. And also while the moment just before penetration always gets me into a semi panic mode. Very often that leads to me losing some stiffness.

When I dont have trust in a partner. I think I feel like I won’t be able to get an erection and they will tell people about. Totally irrational of me to assume anyone would do that though.

Once I do get up it’s a constant mind game focusing on what to/not to do that will let me down. I over think it too much I believ. Certain situations where I usually lose it are the transition from foreplay to sex (condom on) sometimes switching between positions I think about it to much and then sure enough go soft.

I love when a woman goes on top during sex. However this situation a lot of the time causes anxiety about staying hard. In other positions I might be able to save it if I’m on a semi and still carry on then it will eventually get really hard again but when she’s on top, if you’re not super hard it’s not gonna work. This leads to alot of the time especially with new partners I avoid asking her to ride me as I know this situation causes alot of anxiety and pressure to stay super hard

Putting a condom on is the big one for me. It just causes a big pause in the foreplay build and gives a chance for the inner critique to set-in.

Going from foreplay to penetration!

I can relate to the condoms as erection killers…

During foreplay, it’s not as big of an issue. When the moment comes that it’s time for penetration, that’s when my mind starts reminding me that I HAVE to stay hard. I start “spectatoring.”
I get hard, get started, then go soft. Then I have to try to get hard again. If I do, I start in again, then go limp while trying to focus on staying hard.