Post surgery struggles and reverse kegels

I had knee surgery in the autumn and the two occasions Iā€™ve been with a girl since Iā€™ve struggled with maintaining an erection (been getting it okay in the first place). Is my surgery (and gradual rehab) a likely cause of weakening of some important muscles? Iā€™ve been doing kegels for years but reverse kegels are new to meā€¦are they specifically good for maintaining an erection?

3 Likes

I would recommend bringing this up with your doctor if you havenā€™t already (sorry, I know youā€™ve probably thought/heard that before!), if there is a reason your surgery might be contributing to this issue, theyā€™ll be the best source of information.

Iā€™m pretty sure reverse kegels are for relaxing tightness in your pelvic floor, where regular kegels are for strengthening (double check that please, but Iā€™m fairly sure Iā€™m correct!).

Yeah I think youā€™re right, but would make sense for certain muscles etc to be tight after five months of limited motion and mobility. So hopefully things improve as I get back to full fitness. Or so Iā€™m thinking/hoping

Iā€™m sure it will, in the meantime Iā€™d just make sure you give yourself enough space to work through it if there are any issues. Be kind to yourself and be patient.