Never wanting sex for some reason

Struggling with body dysmorphia atm and I also have adhd and I’m not sure if this is why but I never want sex with my partner or anyone as we’re open, but feel bad for my partner and don’t know what to do about it. Has anyone got any tips?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I have ADHD to some degree but it’s not that I don’t want sex,I just can’t stay in the moment and my erections go away, my thoughts are all over the place. I’m finally getting a urologist appointment to see if everything is working right mechanically which will also include getting my T checked. I wonder, have you had your T checked? I would think that may play more of a role in being in the mood for sex? Don’t give up, you’ll get it figured out.

2 Likes

I’ve not how do I get it checked? Do I just go to the doctors?

I’m in a similar boat - body image issues and (late) diagnosed ADHD + a history of anxiety. I have a really difficult time staying stimulated and in the moment with a partner; I usually can’t finish with a partner either, which just makes me feel inadequate. When I’m alone and I can control the situation I’m usually fine! With my most recent ex I also frequently felt very meh about sex and the last year of us dating ended up being really platonic.

I wish I had some great advice to give, but I think we’re looking for some of the same answers here. Just know that you’re not alone in this!

I’ve had my T checked and it’s on the lower side but it’s still within healthy range - my GP just ran some bloodwork for it while I was getting my regular checkup.

2 Likes

Awww sorry to hear that hopefully we both can find the answers we want and improve our mental health as it’s frustrating and seriously getting me down so it probably is you too :pensive:

1 Like