Depression and ED/PE

I never saw the link in the way I was feeling in the bedroom and the way I was feeling at work. So much of my self worth as a man is tied up in the amount of money I make and the success I’m able to achieve. My gf says this doesn’t matter but we all know that just isn’t true.

Things at work have been trending downward for a long time, and AI isn’t making anything better. I’m at a phase at my life that I think I should have things settled and figured out by now and it’s clear that isn’t the case. I figured I still had time and that if I keep working really really really hard I can pull myself out of the hole and show my gf that I’m a worthy partner and worthy man. What I didn’t anticipate through this approach was that dedicating all my focus toward work, stressing and tearing myself up to succeed, stopping cooking, stopping working out… ALL was a recipe for disaster in my relationship.

We hardly have sex anymore, and my sudden PE makes me so embarrassed that I don’t want to do it anymore. I’d jerk off when she’s gone because if I cum quick I wouldn’t be judged. And finally, if we do manage to get into it, there is so much pressure on me to make it good since it hasn’t happened in so long, I bust in two minutes. And around and around we go until one day I wake up and she’s threatening to leave me.

It’s curious to me that everyone is posting about under the Erection problems category but the last post on mental health was almost a year ago. I was looking for the silver bullet that would prop me back up so I could get on with my life, but I’ve hit rock bottom and I need more than just a pill to get things going again. I am so thankful that mojo is taking a more wholistic approach, working on the mind as well as the body. I encourage everyone to take their time with this. If you’re like me, you probably feel a huge rush to “just get fixed” so we have one less thing to worry about. But it seems to me, this has only hurt me in the long run. I’m working on this app along with seeing a therapist to work through my depression. Sending positive thoughts and encouragement to everyone who has been struggling with this. You can do it.

9 Likes

Thanks man. Reading this feels like I’m reading a biography, but my girlfriend did leave me.

Focus on your relationship first, rather than work. Go get romantic and have sex more than once a day. Only way to get out of it. Enjoy cuddles before and after, really love her man, you’re gonna destroy yourself mentally if you lose her, trust me, it’s a year later and I still don’t forgive myself.

4 Likes