Whatever your relationship status, how do you feel about discussing your erection issues with a partner?

Good

I’ve never been open about ED issues outside of long term relationships but I’m going to change that.

I feel insecure talking about this because I’m in an open marriage and my partner can already get sex elsewhere. It makes me feel like I have no reason to try and work on this at times.

Weve discussed it before but not necessarily in the way covered in the videos - we’ve definitely discussed that the issues are not personal etc - What I think I have more difficulty with is expressing what I enjoy / expect / want when we have sex. I also think we have an expectation that sex should be something spontaneous and I think it would help for me a lot if we were more clear about when we wanted it. I spend a lot of time before sex, seeing that my partner is in the mood, and overthinking/ questioning / stressing as to whether I should avoid or am prepared enough to engage

One time I was leaving a party and this very attractive girl said she wanted to come home with me. We had been doing a lot of drugs so from experience I told her flat out that I wasn’t going to get an erection. I said she could come over and we could fool around, but we weren’t gonna be having sex. She said that’s fine. We got home, had a shower and started to fool around. Because the pressure was off I was able to get and maintain an erection for the entire time we were together. I’ve thought about this over the years. Taking the pressure off from the beginning was the key. There’s no advantage telling someone you can’t get it up as you are supposed to be getting it up.

I had to at some point since it was obvious

I’m doing that. My wife luckily is very open and supportive.

Ok

I feel good about speaking about it. I know I have my issues, and I know they definetly aren’t related (or not all related) to my partner. It feels great to be able to speak to her about it and to speak about it also when it happens. How I felt on the moment, what was going through my head, etc.

It’s ok, to a certain degree I believe it helped. Although I have this believe that if I insist on talking about sexual problems, she will start loosing sexual interest.

I feel shameful because the girl knows that you have an issue or disadvantage but I think that tell her the true can help us

I need to reframe it so it’s a less heavy convo!

My wife is very understanding and is working with me on it. She knows that I have a problem and she understands it is not her. We talk alot about it and I share my anxiety a nd stresses.

It’s always uncomfortable, but I feel better after talking about it. And I think my partner does too

I’ve had that talk with different partners - and they all took it well.

I feel pretty good about it. When we started having sex I never had issues so once I started having trouble it felt better knowing that this wasn’t always an issue and I can overcome it. Also she is very patient with me and never puts any pressure on me so whenever I have felt bad about it it’s because of my own confidence, nothing negative from her end.

My partner is very supportive, and we’re working through it. She is patient and kind but my biggest challenge personally is knowing that I’m the reason it is affecting our relationship with no quick fix.

So naturally I take on a lot of the burden myself and have realised I could’ve communicated better upfront to make the situation less heavy and emotional because this magnifies the shit mood - especially after a failed attempt.

I’ll do better to open up, and also ask her how she’s feeling more. It’s not all about me and my issues, she has emotions through this too and I want to be on the same page as each other while I sort this out.

My partner is very supportive, and we’re working through it. She is patient and kind but my biggest challenge personally is knowing that I’m the reason it is affecting our relationship with no quick fix.
So naturally I take on a lot of the burden myself and have realised I could’ve communicated better upfront to make the situation less heavy and emotional because this magnifies the shit mood - especially after a failed attempt.
I’ll do better to open up, and also ask her how she’s feeling more. It’s not all about me and my issues, she has emotions through this too and I want to be on the same page as each other while I sort this out.

I feel like sometimes sharing that I am having difficulty does definitely feel the pressure off. It is hard to do it immediately though, and I do it after I’ve been having issues for a while.

Pretty comfortable now, wasnt like this all time but she was very cooperative and understanding from the getgo. Made me easy to open naturally