What does your inner critic sound like? (Part 1)

My inner critic tells me that I’d better not disappoint my fiancée again by losing my erection. I’d better put it in fast while it’s still up. I’d better start having sensations so the feeling will maintain my erection and I can relax. Keep the lube close so there’s no fumbling around which will cause me to lose the erection before I get it in.

My inner critic is painful. I feel that it makes me feel that I can’t have a pleasurable experience with sex. I don’t want things to be awkward and loose the erection. But it keeps happening.

The inner critic is definitely my voice and it’s usually coming across as panicking or nervous. It usually makes me focus on the wrong things and can often be too distracting to perform normally during sex.

I feel like my inner critic is not just a part of me, but looks and talks like me. It’s the voice that always thinks about the worst thing that can happen and maybe hopes that it will happen.

My inner critic starts off warning me not to fail and as things progress - announcing that I am failing.

My inner critic is very demeaning. He doesn’t trust that I can do what I am capable of doing. Constantly speaking doubt into my mind. Trying to convince me that I’m not good enough.

I have discovered that I do feel negative thoughts while beginning foreplay and before sex. Just a lot of put downs to myself because my expectations are low. I just feel like I already know how I’ll feel and I just don’t wanna disappoint myself any further

My inner critic is one that has seen each increasing instance of ED in the past, and rides on it like a wave of fatalism to say “the other times didn’t work, why would this time work?”. It’s accepted the situation, ED has become its identity and its skin. I am unlovable and gross, I don’t feel attractive, no matter what the girl compliments, she’s lying. I wonder what she sees. Sex is no longer hot to me, and in that world an erection has no purpose.

My inner critic is sounds the most like my brother and my inside voice. Growing up as a kid he always shut me down and even today I “live under his shadow”. Growing up without the reinforcement has lead to me beat myself down whenever I mess up. This intern has lead me to feel incompetent in both my personal life and when I’m in bed with my girlfriend.

It gets worse when she begs for sex, though I feel immensely turned on and want to fuck her, I can barely seem to get it up, I’m extremely worried I’m going to let her down.

Things I can be confident about are that I know that I will be able to pleasure her withy mouth and fingers.

Things that I’m not confident about is that I don’t think I will be able to get hard enough or to be able to maintain my erection throughout having sex.

I need to try make sure that I communicate with her about what I want as well instead of not letting her know!

The inner critic is just creating a lot of doubt and negativity in my head about that I can’t maintain an erection and that I always need to get harder than I am. I feel like it’s more of my own voice or thoughts rather than like it’s someone else that’s saying all of these things. It definitely feel like it’s in my head. During sex it’s also telling my that I have to reach orgasm and if it takes to long I’m just wondering why that is and I get self conscious and anxious about it!

My critic keeps wondering to himself what’s wrong with you. You have this beautiful girlfriend who always wants to have sex with you. Something I dreamed of as a kid and now you can’t even fuck her on command? Imagine how much of a loser I’d feel if my friends found out.

My inner critic is myself, it has my voice and it’s always making me nervous/anxious

my inner critic is my voice often saying demanding stuff or really condescending stuff like “you better get hard tonight” ect

Mine is a version of me that sounds tired and has given up, says things like “it’s never gonna work so why bother” and unfortunately I can’t help but listen

I’m worried it will go limp before l get to put it in.

My inner critic is male. He doesn’t yell. He just doubts me and he’s disappointed with me. He looks like a joker version of me, in a military uniform. He shakes his head at me. Sometimes he points and laughs at me.

My inner critic is a little gnawing worm in my head that focuses on past shortcomings with sexual encounters. Reminding me how I fell short then and I better not screw it up now or she won’t be satisfied and want to stay with me.
It fights back the feelings of being aroused and turned on and it amplifies the nervousness and desire to perform well, until I put so much pressure on myself that I start to lose a) my confidence and b) my erection

I’ve been having sex with the same woman for 20 years and now I can’t get or stay hard because I think of everything except sex. If I just think of turning on a light or reaching for a toy, bam, hard-on is gone. She climbs off, game over.

How do I spy on something that isn’t physically there :sweat_smile:

My inner critique is me, dressed in a suit and tie. Always wanted to be righteous and second guessing everything. Reminding me of all my wrongs. It’s really negative and not a fried. A vicious critique.