What does your inner critic sound like? (Part 1)

My inner critic doesn’t really have a voice, at least not right away. It just just observes me judgmentally hours and minutes before sex, which eventually wears me down and finally, when the time comes, numbs me all over and disconnects me from the moment, from the partner right in front of me, probably naked and desiring me. And then as soon as I realize things are turning south, the inner critic sows panic in me and nags me, “why can’t you stay hard?”, “don’t fail at this yet again”, which quickly spirals into going completely soft and absolutely embarrassed.

Focus, don’t mess up, do it right, stay in the moment. These are the things I tell myself in the moment. Not getting an erection is a failure. I think it’s myself talking, reminding me of important hints, but maybe it’s my inner critic. It sounds like me, right there, egging me on.

My inner critic makes me be careful about not doing anything that will make me lose my erection. It makes me tune out of my sensation so that i dont think about losing my erection. It makes me thinks about moment in which i lost my erection and worry wether it will happen this time.

Described it perfectly. During the act im paying attention to my every move instead of in the moment. Its like im watching myself

My erection is not hard enough, this isnt gonna work!

My inner critic tells me I’m not going to be able to stay hard during sex, that I won’t feel enough sensation inside my partner or be aroused by her vagina. It is like a whispering voice that brings me dread and anxiety.

My inner critic says that i will not get an erection no matter how hard I want it.

Mine is my own voice telling me I won’t be able to stay hard once I start to have sex and that I’m gonna upset my girlfriend

My inner critic is constantly doubting me - should I be doing this/should I be doing that. In this particular scenario it’s always ‘surely I should have a boner now? Now why don’t I? Fuck am I now not going to get one?’

My inner critic compares me to my partners previous partners and tells me that I don’t measure up.

I don’t actually know if I can call it an inner critic. It’s more like an inner sabotage, like constantly checking if my dick is hard. And when it’s and the time comes to initiate intercourse it will come up and get me all anxious.

My inner critic is just annoying little whisper predicting poor performance, not getting it up. Being embarrassed.

It’s a internet voice but also a

My inner critic makes me worried, I know that my inner critic is me. I say things like ‘What if it won’t work’, ‘What if it doesn’t go up’, then I start to worry and sure enough it doesn’t go up. Then it tells me I should have just avoided the situation all together.

I can feel my inner critic looking over my shoulder like it’s judging what i’m doing

I discovered that my inner critic was my own voice, within my brain, casting judgements on me, casting doubts into my mind about whether I will perform, informing me that I am not good enough, I can’t be loved, putting pressure on me to keep my erection, not permitting me to be in the moment, to be immerse myself in pleasure, and enjoy my partner.

The inner critic’s voice seems nothing different from the voice that encourages and motivates me to pull through any challenge or difficulty in regular life.

Being a very confident person, generally, this voice now seems to be a bit more aggressive, producing thoughts such as “come on, this can’t be really happening, I’m supposed to be capable of much better” or “just move quickly and let’s get this done, I can’t risk failing at such a thing”.

These performance difficulties seem like an opportunity for me to practice more humility :slight_smile:

My inner critic doesnt have a voice or narrative. My dick just stops working right before I insert.

My inner critic is in my head and echos that it is going to start to get soft before it can fully happen.

My inner critic was always saying get it up, get it up! Nooow! Not screaming but inside me next to me with my voicem