Situational performance anxiety

Putting condoms on

Her on top

Sex in the morning

Yeah, trying to deal with condoms is a turnoff in the moment. I start to worry about that transition time from being in the moment to trying to navigate a package, making sure it’s turned up the right way, etc.

Also, just being with someone new and not having that comfort of knowing what they like, what they’re ok with, if they’re enjoying themselves. Even knowing that there’s a good chance they’re going through the same thing in their head as well.

Almost all the time when I know I want or need to have one. It feels like my body is betraying me.

My girlfriend always likes to start off by giving me a handjob which can get and keep me hard for a little while then eventually I lose it when it goes on and I’m not present in the moment and think about losing it. This morning for example I got hard laying next to her and she was naked and she started doing what she always does and it felt good. I eventually lost it but I just came off a shift working all night and I take anxiety medication when I get off of work. Sometimes I get hard during foreplay and lose my erection immediately as soon as we try to try penetration. The situations I lose my erection and keep my erection is very random and I am confused.

1 Like

condoms

Condoms, pressure to perform

I struggle to hold anything past a few seconds even during foreplay due to overthinking, but the absolute softener are trigger points such as condoms. It’s not that I worry about anything - it’s just like I am reminded of how slow and tedious this process is.

My first time having sex I struggled with putting my condom on. Since then every time i put my condom on my erection gos away and i have to try and get it back. When I’m putting on a condom a start to panic and get very anxious because i’m always thinking if I’ve put it on properly or thinking about my partner waiting for me to put it on.

Yeah condoms and the switching positions is definetly a trigger for me. Also when I go down on her. Basically any time I’m not actively being touched myself I’ll lose it. And I used to get hard from just kissing my girlfriend while we were still wearing clothes.

Just before I wanna enter her

When i try to put it in and i dont get it first move , i start shaking and its game over

Lying in bed together before anything starts and getting closer to the time for penetration

When it’s one of my first times with someone. I really want it to go Well so i Can impress and dont dissapiont

First time I’m with someone I’m really into, and I want to “impress” them by performing well. Tends to bring up the anxiety of whether I’ll be able to maintain an erection

I never knew what spectating was until coming on to this platform, excuse the pun! Seriously I tend to be OK during foreplay and receiving oral but when it goes from that to penetration straight after oral my dick loses it’s firmness and this is frustrating. Normally I can tell when I’m stiff hard and ready and confident because you can just feel it with out touching my dick but my erection firmness is not as hard as it can be now a days and because of this I lose my mojo and my dick becomes floppy. I try to relax and not be in my head but spectatoring comes into play just before intercourse. Also sometimes certain position changing causes problems especially missionary which I find weird as that’s suppose to be the traditional way of having intercourse. Also putting a condom on does cause a bit of anxiety but my main problem is not being hard enough for penetration.

When I realize it’s going to advance and potential turn into sex is when the inner critic/spectator arises and I go soft and can’t get it back

Moving from foreplay to intercourse. Unfortunately for my partner and I, my erection will wane when she goes down on me for more than a minute or so. I know my brain has a glitch in there somewhere

Condoms

When my partner wants to try a position that doesn’t allow for deep penetration I get nervous and lose my erection.

When I know im going to have sex and the buildup goes on for minutes or hours to the point where Im too anxious to perform. When Im about to put it in I worry am I hard enough, will I ejaculate to quickly causing me to lose an erection.