Have you ever told anyone that you have erection issues? How did they react?

Yes, my wife only.

With friends Iā€™ve only mentioned it as if it were an isolated issue. ā€œI couldnā€™t get it up last night, think I had too much to drinkā€. And then with partners Iā€™ve only explained briefly after it was unsuccessful, ā€œsometimes this happensā€ā€¦ But unfortunately, Iā€™ve never had a real vulnerable conversation about how this is an ongoing issue. And when I think about it, my friends tend to tell me that theyā€™ve experienced something similar and all the partners have been very understanding. It makes me wonder why I havenā€™t just been more open about it, especially with partners.

Iā€™ve been seeing someone recently and Iā€™m committed to having the conversation and being as forthright as I can.

The audio on that last video was so bad. Had to skip it. Disappointing. Youā€™d think it would be reviewed before being uploaded.

I have told my wife and a close male friend. Both responded very supportively and lovely.

Yes but only in more recent years. My ex is the person Iā€™ve opened up to the most, she was very understanding. Iā€™ve also explained the situation to other previous partners and had a positive response from them too. I guess that I havenā€™t always gone into things in any real depth, however, and have tended to skirt over things and make light of it, rather than being honest and explaining how much of an effect this has had on me

My best friends acted very understanding, my girlfriend advised me to get help and just look for a doctor and find ways so that I can feel better about myself and different things like fhat

I have never told anyone other than my fiancee.

I have told / talked to my current partner about it only after it became apparent that there was an issue that couldnā€™t be ignored. It was like the elephant in the room for a little while, but eventually we talked about it and itā€™s been helpful just to get that out on the table as something to acknowledge. For what itā€™s worth, women arenā€™t always aroused either and have probably been ā€œfaking itā€ out of some sense of responsibility or some other unhealthy belief when us ā€œguysā€ thought they were totally into sex and loving every minute of it. Point isā€¦ weā€™re human beings, not machines. Our bodies arenā€™t ā€œonā€ 24/7.

I told my current partner, she was the first person I have ever told. We didnā€™t have a deep conversation about it, but she was understanding. That was 3 - 4 weeks ago, and I havenā€™t had problems since. Iā€™m not saying Iā€™m out of the woods, but Iā€™m sure opening up about it has had some positive effect.

The first time I was hooking up with a girl I was talking to, I couldnā€™t get it up when we both got naked, I told her that it was an issue that Iā€™ve been struggling with and asked her if we could focus in her that night. She was very considerate and nice about it. We never got to try again.

I am highly confident that if I just put it out there beforehand, in a casual way, it would help. Especially if I emphasize that I just need to take my time

Mixture of aww and then not interested in meeting me or seeing me again.

brother & wife - unsure how to help

Iā€™ve only told my long term partners (after the fact) and other members on mojo connect. The members here are really supportive, my wife has had trouble processing it, saying things like sheā€™s never experienced this and how much she relies on intercourse for connection. Itā€™s been rough lately, but optimistic.

Yes, my partner she was understanding and supportive, but also could be moody depending on how she was when it happened. But I get it, we can all be cranky sometimes

Besides my wife, I have shared with two trustworthy guy friends. They were surprisingly supportive and encouraging. ED makes me feel like less of a man, but it showed me its more common than I ever expected

Yes, I have told a partner, a couple of family members, and a couple of close friends. Over the past month or two, I began to notice that my performance anxiety issue crept into so many other aspects of my life. It began to make me feel depressed, increased my already-present social anxiety, it increased my overall anxiety about life in general, and it made me want to completely avoid going out in fear a situation could potentially turn sexual. I had a couple of panic attacks (this is all while away at college), and I opened up to my roommate and my mom about it because the issue just felt so heavy on my shoulders and I felt so alone. They were extremely supportive, and encouraged me to tell the girl who I was talking to at the time. Then, the next time we hung out, I told her after I didnā€™t get it up for sex, which already made me feel like shit and I did not really dive into it. Then, a couple weeks later, I told her before we even did anything and it felt like such a huge relief. While it is still a topic that brings me anxiety, I felt nowhere near as much as I did previously, and even though I couldnā€™t keep it up the next time we got intimate, I wasnā€™t really ashamed, as I felt comfortable in the situation Iā€™m in and know Iā€™m dealing with it.

I was never brave enough to clearly admit it. I had a partner who experienced the issuue but i never openly admitted it. I always tried to cover up with something why itā€™s not working at the moment. Itā€™s a shame and I know If I open earlier it could help to recover.

yes, I promised my girlfriend I wouldnā€™t discuss our sexual issues with friends but I have been sharing my bedroom issues with 3 of my friends behind her back.

I told a partner after we unsuccessfully attempted to have sex a couple years ago. She was understanding and kind, but it happend that we didntā€™ see much more of each other. I think reason for sex and state of mind are the biggest things for me. When Iā€™m excited to be with someone, it feels natural and I donā€™t normally have issues. But when Iā€™m trying to have sex just because have the opportunity or for not much reason at all, then I tend to have more erection issues.

Yes, but not in as frank and admitted sense as these guys, which I respect and want to try.