Do you ever get anxious during sex? How does it affect you? (Part 1)

Yes, I get into my head and it’s over before it starts but I really wanted to before my anxiety

Yes I do. A lot of the time I’m thinking about if i will stay hard. I have a big problem with being in the moment during sex. This has went on for a long time and I’ve tried pills. They worked for the times I used them, but sometimes I think if I don’t take them I won’t get hard. I love my wife. I am attracted to her. I keep letting her down and it makes me feel like a failure.

I am afraid of sex. I can’t get turned on. I keep thinking my penis won’t work, i’ll just go soft any way, I’m going to let her down, she won’t think i’m interested or find her attractive and she will look elsewhere and finish with me because i’m a failure in bed.

Yes … to the point that I avoid it even though I want it

Yes. I feel disconnected from my partner.

Yes. I get anxious when I’m not sure I’m good enough and now when I’m not sure my body is going to go along with what I want. My penis freezes and I get a full shame attack as a result.

I have had a new partner recently and I fail to stay hard with penetrative sex. I am usually completely hard during foreplay but when it comes to insertion or staying hard while inside, I can become very anxious and spiral. I ask myself am I hard? Is this gonna work? I hope this works etc. I want to get out of this pattern so I can enjoy penetrative sex again

Yes my erections go away after a while of being up

Not when I was younger. Had a depressional episode once… my confidence crashed… ever since ive got that problem

Sometimes

Yes, we have the best foreplay and my pennis is very hard, and when the time comes for sex I cant get it up

No I don’t get anxious

I can’t perform and it’s a downward spiral from there

I agree with the other comments. I end up focusing so much on the thinking and am not actually enjoying the moment. More spectator than participant.

Sometimes

I get caught up worrying if she is enjoying it, which ironically leads to softness. This is especially true at the beginning of relationships.

All the physical arousal is there, but years of issues getting an election come into my head and I question “will it happen this time”

Most of the time yes! I don’t understand why sometimes I can be in the moment but most of the time everything seems it get in the way in my head.

I can get hard but when sex is mentioned I immediately lose it and it’s lost for the rest of the time.

I’m usually good up to the point of intercourse. I begin to worry that I may not be hard enough and the cycle begins. Will I be able to please my wife as she should be pleased? Am I man enough to give her what she wants? Performance anxiety is the perfect description.