Do you ever get anxious during sex? How does it affect you? (Part 1)

Yes, beforehand if im not hard straight away, I then feel like it won’t get up.

Yes, 101 things going round in my head, typically wonder if I’m performing and if she’s actually enjoying it, also will think is it staying up that’s usually game over, and sometimes will feel a slight orgasmic feeling which can sometimes trigger it to send it down because of the sensitivity, brain runs on overtime during sex

Yes, negatively

I go limp.

Sometime. I get slightly nervous

Sometimes

I am eager to please my long term partner who expressed dissatisfaction with our sel life. I am always in my head trying not to disappoint.

I have no problem having sex after I do it one time with a new partner but the first time is always hard. I get super nervous. I get hard then I worry and flop.

Yes. It’s like a vicious cycle of not being able to perform and then worrying about it for each following experience.

My heart rate increases and I start to not feel in the mood and just force myself to get through it in the moment even though I’m not enjoying it and I feel awful and carry it throughout the rest of the day or evening

Yes, I have anxiety about how long I will last

My heart rate speeds up and I get nervous so my erection goes away. Happens always right before penetration; leading up to it, most of the time, im good.

Yes and it affects me by erection going away

I’ve been with my partner for 10 years. It’s only when I go see other women that this happens.

Yes. Sometimes I feel like I’m focusing on my performance and not enjoying it.

Yes, I do! There is a fear to not get it up … it affects me tremendously

I do get anxious during sex. The first time it happened to me, I thought and said as an excuse that the condom was too tight (might’ve actually been the case, but my size is quite the average - so no, it was just good’ol performance anxiety). It doesn’t dissipate my erection per say, but makes it waver, and go on and off. And then I get into my head, and wether it comes back or not, I can’t enjoy the rest of it because I’m stuck in my head.

Distracted

Increased heart rate, shaky breathing, only negative self doubting thoughts, Shame, and anxiety

Foreplay with my partner is rarely a problem, it’s when I want to engage with my penis I start the internal conversation as to whether it will get hard. As soon as my mind goes down that rabbit hole it becomes a self defeating prophecy.